Posted by andre on Thursday, September 5, 2013 at 10:24am.
1. When you summarize an informational article, you should (1 point)
leave out minor details.
use the author's words, including direct quotations.
leave out important details.
include as much information as possible.
2. Why might a scientist choose to categorize scientific information in a summary? (1 point)
to help readers relate a scientific topic to their own lives
to give readers a quick way to understand a complex subject
to offer readers a chance to voice their own opinions
to pose questions for futher scientific research
3. Which of the following statements about action and linking verbs is true? (1 point)
An action verb is a something that can be done.
A linking verb connects the subject of a sentence with a noun, descriptive word, or phrase.
Some verbs can be either action or linking verbs depending on how they are used in a sentence.
all of the above
4. Which of the following verbs is an action verb? (1 point)
5. Which type of verb appears in the following sentence?
Hawaiian pizza always tastes good to me. (1 point)
action verb (physical)
action verb (mental)
- la need help - Writeacher, Thursday, September 5, 2013 at 10:27am
I will be happy to check your answers for you.
- la need help - andre, Thursday, September 5, 2013 at 10:37am
I think it is 1.a 2.a 3.d 4.b. 5.d
- la need help - Writeacher, Thursday, September 5, 2013 at 10:45am
I agree with you on 1 and 3.
I think 4 has more than one right answer.
- la need help - andre, Thursday, September 5, 2013 at 10:53am
so what is the answer
- la need help - Gabby, Thursday, September 5, 2013 at 11:30am
I'm afraid the tutor's here don't give out answer's , they check your work, and if it's wrong then, it might be best for you to go over the question again and try and find a better answer.. that's what I do.
- la need help - Ms. Sue, Thursday, September 5, 2013 at 12:38pm
Answer this Question
- Just some LA q's, Ms.Sue please - 1. When you summarize an informational article...
- English - if there are choices like (minor, major) or (major, minor) (topic, ...
- Landuage Arts - Can you give me a 40 minute lesson plan on themes, patterns and ...
- English - in a paragraph......details grow out of the major details and also ...
- Grammar - Students are often confused about the use of the words good and well ...
- Written Analysis - I would really appreciate help with a paper i'm having mental...
- Using souces and avoiding plagirism - Question 4 What is a summary? a brief ...
- Using souces and avoiding plagirism - 12.Which of the following is incorrect? ...
- business - I need help I am not sure what I am doing this the right way or not ...
- pschology - How can you summarize this paragraph?Some reasons teachers leave the...