Posted by Anonymous on Tuesday, September 3, 2013 at 6:25pm.
Use the given area A of the rectangle to find the value of x. Then give the dimensions of the rectangle.
Geometry/algebra 1 - MathGuru, Tuesday, September 3, 2013 at 7:00pm
Set the equation equal to 0:
2x^2 + 4x + 3x + 6 - 91 = 0
2x^2 + 7x - 85 = 0
(2x + 17) (x - 5) = 0
Set the factors equal to 0:
2x + 17 = 0; x = -17/2
x - 5 = 0; x = 5
You can't have a negative number for this problem, so use x = 5 for the value of x.
I'll let you take it from here to determine the dimensions of the rectangle.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - A rectangle has dimensions in feet as shown in the figure it is 2x +5 ...
- Math - If the length of a rectangle is (2x-1)cm and its width is (x+3)cm. How do...
- algebra - the length of the top of a table is 6 m greater than the width. the ...
- Math - Find the Maximum area for the given perimeter of a rectangle. State the ...
- geometry - The perimeter of a rectangle is 42m , and the area of the rectangle ...
- Algebra/geometry - a rectangle has a width of 4 cm less than it's length. if a ...
- geometry - The width of a rectangle is 6 cm less than its length. If the area of...
- Algebra Word Problem - A rectangle has dimensions of 12x8inches. If a uniform ...
- Math - A mechanical engineering student wishes to inscribe a rectangle in a ...
- math - a rectangle is twice as long as it is wide. if both of its dimensions are...