Posted by Andre on Sunday, September 1, 2013 at 7:19pm.
// The two senior class homerooms at Littleville High School
// are having a fundraising drive for the prom. Each time a student
// solicits a contribution, a record is created with the
// student's name and the value. Two files have been created for Homeroom A and Homeroom B.
// Each file is sorted in contribution value order from highest to lowest.
// This program merges the two files.
string bothFilesDone = "N"
string HIGHVALUE = "XXXXX"
while bothFilesDone = "N"
open roomAFile "roomAFile.dat"
open roomBFile "roomBFile.dat"
open mergedFile "mergedFile.dat"
input roomAName, roomAValue from roomAFile
if eof then
roomAValue = HIGHVALUE
input roomBName, roomBValue from roomBFile
if eof then
roomBValue = roomAValue
if roomAValue = HIGHVALUE AND roomAValue = HIGHVALUE then
bothFilesDone = "Y"
if roomAName > roomBName then
output roomBName, roomBValue to mergedFile
output roomAName, roomAValue to mergedFile
programming - Steve, Sunday, September 1, 2013 at 7:22pm
gee, how about entering your code in an IDE and
(a) fix any syntax errors
(b) step through the execution if your output is wrong.
programming - Graham, Monday, September 2, 2013 at 7:33am
checkBoth() has a glaring logic error.
detailLoop() need to consider what happens if you come to the end of one file before its room?Name is greater than that of the other. Avoiding an infinite loop would be a good idea.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Programming Logic - Find bugs. // The two senior class homerooms at Littleville ...
- Programming C++ using Data Structure. - In an academic institution, Student has ...
- Algebra - Help? The school john goes to is selling tickets to the annual dance ...
- IPC - A student is running through the halls of solon high school at a constant ...
- programming logic - The program will accept user input to store the student's ...
- English - There are 7 classes for first year students. Each class is composed of...
- C++programming - Write an interactive C program that will accept each student’s ...
- help algebra?? - stillwater junior high divides students into teams taught by a ...
- Geometry - A special lottery is to be held to select the student who will live ...
- Math(Algebra) - de Sean it in school is selling tickets to a choral performance...