Posted by Alex on Sunday, September 1, 2013 at 11:19am.
the mass of cylinder one is 1.35 times the mass of cylinder two, and the volume of cylinder one is 0.792 times the volume of cylinder two. If the density of cylinder one is 2.70 g/cm3 what is the density of cylinder two?
THIS QUESTION HAS ME GOING CRAZY!!
Chemistry - Steve, Sunday, September 1, 2013 at 1:08pm
density is mass/volume.
So, twice the mass, twice the density.
twice the volume, half the density. So, for cylinder 2, we have
(1/1.35) / (1/.792) * 2.70 = 1.584
Chemistry - DrBob222, Sunday, September 1, 2013 at 1:17pm
d1 = m1/v2 = 2.70 g/cc
m1 = 1.35*m2 so
m2 = m1/1.35
V1 = 0.792*v2 so
v2 = v1/0.792
d2 = m2/v2
d2 = (m1/1.35)/( v1/0.792)
d2 = m1/1.35 x 0.792/v1 but
m1/v1 = 2.70
then d2 = 2.70 x (0.792/1.35) = ?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- College Chemistry - If the density of cylinder 1 is 3.55 , what is the density ...
- Math - Mass of cylinder 1 = 1.35 mass of cylinder 2. Volume of cylinder 1 = 0....
- Geometry - Two cylinders have the same volume. If the radius of cylinder I is 3 ...
- mat 116/algebra - A cylinder has a radius of 5 in. If the volume of the cylinder...
- maths - two cylinders have identical bases with differnt lengths.the length of ...
- Geometry Help & Proofs - The ratio of the volume of Cylinder A to the volume of ...
- Chemistry - A graduated cylinder contains 56.3ml of water. A metal cylinder is ...
- chemistry - Titanium is used in airplane bodies because it is strong and light. ...
- physical - A solid cylinder has a radius of 0.051 m and a height of 0.0030. The ...
- Math: Geometry - The circumference of the base of a cylinder is 16 cm. The ...