Posted by Queta on Sunday, September 1, 2013 at 7:49am.
1. The range of f ( x ) = ax + b is the set of all real numbers given that a and b are real numbers. Which produces a counter examples to her statement ?
A. a = 0
B. b = 0
C. a < 0
D. b < 0
My answer I came up with was b or c I was not sure.
2. f ( x ) = - 6
x -1 and g ( x ) 4 x^2
select the solution for ( f +g ) ( x )
A. - 6 x - 1 + 4 x ^ 2
B. - 24 x^3 - 4 x^2
C. 24 x^2 - 1
D. - 6 x - 1 24 x^2
My answer I came up with is C.
3. f ( x ) = - 6 x - 1 and g ( x ) = 4 x^2 select the solution for ( f g )( x )
A. - 6 x - 1 + 4 x^2
B. -24 x^3 -4 x^2
C. - 24 x^2 - 1
D . -24 x^5
My answer I came up with was either C or D. was not sure.
4. The profit ( p) , in dollars , for a company is modeled by the function P ( x ) = - 750 x^2 + 15,000 x , Where x is the number of items produced. For which x is the number of items produced. For which values of x will the company lose money ?
A. x > 20
B. 2 < x < 10
C. 10 < x < 20
D. x < 2
My answer I came up with was A.
5. The function h ( x ) = 1 / 98 x^2 describes h ( x ) , the height of part of a roller coaster track , where x is the horizontal distance in feet from the center of this section of the track, The towers that support this part of the track are the same height and are 150 feet apart, which is the best estimate of the height of the towers ?
A. 121.2 feet
B. 85. 7 feet
C. 229. 6 feet
D. 57.4 feet
My answer I came up with was C. I am not sure .
- MATH I NEED HELP PLEASE - Steve, Sunday, September 1, 2013 at 1:01pm
#1 is (A) because then f(x) = 0x+b = b
and the range is just y=b
#2 (f+g)(x) = f(x) + g(x). So, (A)
#3 (fg)(x) = f(x) * g(x) = (-6x-1)(4x^2). So, (B)
#4 P(x) = - 750 x^2 + 15,000 x = 750x(20-x)
This is a parabola with roots at x=0,20
Since it opens downward, P(x) is positive only between the roots.
#5 Since the poles are 150 apart, -75<=x<=75
h(75) = 1/98 x^2 = 1/98 * 75^2 = 57.4
- MATH I NEED HELP PLEASE - Queta, Sunday, September 1, 2013 at 5:03pm
Thank you Stevie
Answer this Question
English - I NEED HELP PLEASE!!! I need a 5 paragrph mini theme on " Pizza Is The...
Math - I need to graph the polar equation 3 + 3cosQ and i need to create a table...
reading...please help - i need to know who the antagonist is in the story money ...
Science - I need help with 2 questions please. 1.What are the three parts of the...
Math - 1)Solve sin2x=3cosx for all values of x. What do I need to do? 2)Solve e(...
NEED HELP PLEASE - The websites are confusing! Can someone please explain what a...
Math (PLEASE HELP) - 2x-3y=-2 -2y+3x=12 ~Explanation too, please! I really need ...
math - please can you answer this is all about sums and differences of rational ...
SCIENCE - I have 2 questions that I need help with please. 1.What are the three ...
math help - Thank you for helping me with the last problem Reiny and Bosnian. ...