Posted by Queta on Sunday, September 1, 2013 at 7:49am.
1. The range of f ( x ) = ax + b is the set of all real numbers given that a and b are real numbers. Which produces a counter examples to her statement ?
A. a = 0
B. b = 0
C. a < 0
D. b < 0
My answer I came up with was b or c I was not sure.
2. f ( x ) = - 6
x -1 and g ( x ) 4 x^2
select the solution for ( f +g ) ( x )
A. - 6 x - 1 + 4 x ^ 2
B. - 24 x^3 - 4 x^2
C. 24 x^2 - 1
D. - 6 x - 1 24 x^2
My answer I came up with is C.
3. f ( x ) = - 6 x - 1 and g ( x ) = 4 x^2 select the solution for ( f g )( x )
A. - 6 x - 1 + 4 x^2
B. -24 x^3 -4 x^2
C. - 24 x^2 - 1
D . -24 x^5
My answer I came up with was either C or D. was not sure.
4. The profit ( p) , in dollars , for a company is modeled by the function P ( x ) = - 750 x^2 + 15,000 x , Where x is the number of items produced. For which x is the number of items produced. For which values of x will the company lose money ?
A. x > 20
B. 2 < x < 10
C. 10 < x < 20
D. x < 2
My answer I came up with was A.
5. The function h ( x ) = 1 / 98 x^2 describes h ( x ) , the height of part of a roller coaster track , where x is the horizontal distance in feet from the center of this section of the track, The towers that support this part of the track are the same height and are 150 feet apart, which is the best estimate of the height of the towers ?
A. 121.2 feet
B. 85. 7 feet
C. 229. 6 feet
D. 57.4 feet
My answer I came up with was C. I am not sure .
- MATH I NEED HELP PLEASE - Steve, Sunday, September 1, 2013 at 1:01pm
#1 is (A) because then f(x) = 0x+b = b
and the range is just y=b
#2 (f+g)(x) = f(x) + g(x). So, (A)
#3 (fg)(x) = f(x) * g(x) = (-6x-1)(4x^2). So, (B)
#4 P(x) = - 750 x^2 + 15,000 x = 750x(20-x)
This is a parabola with roots at x=0,20
Since it opens downward, P(x) is positive only between the roots.
#5 Since the poles are 150 apart, -75<=x<=75
h(75) = 1/98 x^2 = 1/98 * 75^2 = 57.4
- MATH I NEED HELP PLEASE - Queta, Sunday, September 1, 2013 at 5:03pm
Thank you Stevie
Answer this Question
math - how do i find the domain and range of equations? example: f(x)=ab.solute ...
Math - Need help with domain and range how do you find the domain and range of y...
math mean,median,mode,range - can you check if i have this right? i need to find...
math - can u help me ... if these question are asked does it mean that we need ...
Math - What is range Range is the possible values a dependent variable may take ...
math - can you check if i have this right? i need to find the mean median, mode ...
math please help - Inverse Trigonometric Functions please explain this to me in ...
Geometry/Math - Does anyone know how to find a range of a number? These are the ...
Math - If f(x)=sin(x) and g(x)=x^2-x+1, find the domain of f(g(x)) and g(f(x)). ...
math - calculate the range, variance, standard deviation, and interquartile ...