Posted by Queta on Sunday, September 1, 2013 at 7:49am.
1. The range of f ( x ) = ax + b is the set of all real numbers given that a and b are real numbers. Which produces a counter examples to her statement ?
A. a = 0
B. b = 0
C. a < 0
D. b < 0
My answer I came up with was b or c I was not sure.
2. f ( x ) = - 6
x -1 and g ( x ) 4 x^2
select the solution for ( f +g ) ( x )
A. - 6 x - 1 + 4 x ^ 2
B. - 24 x^3 - 4 x^2
C. 24 x^2 - 1
D. - 6 x - 1 24 x^2
My answer I came up with is C.
3. f ( x ) = - 6 x - 1 and g ( x ) = 4 x^2 select the solution for ( f g )( x )
A. - 6 x - 1 + 4 x^2
B. -24 x^3 -4 x^2
C. - 24 x^2 - 1
D . -24 x^5
My answer I came up with was either C or D. was not sure.
4. The profit ( p) , in dollars , for a company is modeled by the function P ( x ) = - 750 x^2 + 15,000 x , Where x is the number of items produced. For which x is the number of items produced. For which values of x will the company lose money ?
A. x > 20
B. 2 < x < 10
C. 10 < x < 20
D. x < 2
My answer I came up with was A.
5. The function h ( x ) = 1 / 98 x^2 describes h ( x ) , the height of part of a roller coaster track , where x is the horizontal distance in feet from the center of this section of the track, The towers that support this part of the track are the same height and are 150 feet apart, which is the best estimate of the height of the towers ?
A. 121.2 feet
B. 85. 7 feet
C. 229. 6 feet
D. 57.4 feet
My answer I came up with was C. I am not sure .
- MATH I NEED HELP PLEASE - Steve, Sunday, September 1, 2013 at 1:01pm
#1 is (A) because then f(x) = 0x+b = b
and the range is just y=b
#2 (f+g)(x) = f(x) + g(x). So, (A)
#3 (fg)(x) = f(x) * g(x) = (-6x-1)(4x^2). So, (B)
#4 P(x) = - 750 x^2 + 15,000 x = 750x(20-x)
This is a parabola with roots at x=0,20
Since it opens downward, P(x) is positive only between the roots.
#5 Since the poles are 150 apart, -75<=x<=75
h(75) = 1/98 x^2 = 1/98 * 75^2 = 57.4
- MATH I NEED HELP PLEASE - Queta, Sunday, September 1, 2013 at 5:03pm
Thank you Stevie
- MATH I NEED HELP PLEASE - stephanie, Friday, April 18, 2014 at 10:03pm
find the function h(x)=1/98 x^2
Answer this Question
math - Nancy made the following statement: The range of f(x) = ax + b is the ...
math - The range of f(x) = ax + b is the set of all real numbers given that a ...
math - Nancy made the following statement: The range of f(x) = ax + b is the set...
Algebra (need help ASAP!!!!) - I didn't get how to do the problem. In my book it...
Algebra 1-- Please, check my answers! - 1. What is ((-12x^6 + x)) / ((-4x^2))? ...
algebra - Find the domain and range of the function. 1. f(x)= x^2-x I got: ...
math - what is the range of the relation below? ((1,2)(3,4)(5,6)(7,8)) a)all ...
math question - sheila made the following statement: the range of f(x) = ax + b ...
math 116 - What is the difference between domain and range? The domain of a ...
URGENT ALGEBRA 2 - identify the vertex and the axis of symmetry of the graph for...