Posted by Lindsey on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 1:14pm.
Suppose you are asked to find the area of a rectangle that is 2.1-cm \rm cm wide by 5.6-cm \rm cm long. Your calculator answer would be 11.76 cm 2 \rm cm^2 . Now suppose you are asked to enter the answer to two significant figures. (Note that if you do not round your answer to two significant figures, your answer will fall outside of the grading tolerance and be graded as incorrect.)
Enter your answer to two significant figures and include the appropriate units.
chemistry - DrBob222, Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 2:26pm
I think this is more a math than a chemistry question but the answer to two significant figures is 12 cm^2.
chemistry - Anonymous, Wednesday, September 4, 2013 at 8:36pm
To calculate an answer to the correct number of significant figures, you must complete all calculations first and then round your final answer as the very last step. In Part C, you are asked to calculate the volume of a rectangular prism that has a length of 5.6 cm \rm cm, a width of 2.1 cm \rm cm, and a height of 6.6 cm \rm cm. You can calculate the volume of a prism by multiplying the area of the base times the height. You already calculated the area of the base as 2.1cm×5.6cm \rm 2.1\;cm \times 5.6\;cm in Part A.
chemistry - tr, Tuesday, February 18, 2014 at 11:45am
chemistry - Anonymous, Saturday, September 20, 2014 at 10:14pm
What value should you use as the area of the base when calculating the answer to Part C?
chemistry - Chem, Friday, September 26, 2014 at 11:21am
chemistry - ffa, Sunday, January 18, 2015 at 11:25pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - Suppose you are asked to find the area of a rectangle that is 2.1- ...
- physics - Suppose you are asked to find the area of a rectangle that is 2.1- ...
- Maths algebra - I wrote 47.235 as my answer then it asked me to use the ...
- Math - Rectangle A is 8 cm long and 4 cm wide. Rectangle B is 4 cm long and 2 cm...
- math - I need help now 2 what is likely go have a mass close to 3 kilograms a ...
- english - I did a exercise with indirect speech, can anybody check it? 1. "Have ...
- Pre Calc - I already asked this question and had some help, but I am still ...
- maths - my exams are starting from next week i am facing so much problems in ...
- math - a rectangle is twice as long as it is wide. if both of its dimensions are...
- Algebra - Celsius temperature readings can be converted to Fahrenheit readings ...