Posted by Cassidy on Sunday, August 25, 2013 at 7:27pm.
-5x-10 = 2-(x+4)
- 8th Math - Ms. Sue, Sunday, August 25, 2013 at 7:33pm
-5x - 10 = 2 - (x + 4)
-4x = 12 - 4
-4x = 8
x = -2
- 8th Math - Cassidy, Sunday, August 25, 2013 at 7:37pm
Thx Ms.Sue! But why the +4 became -4? I confused with this part
- 8th Math - Ms. Sue, Sunday, August 25, 2013 at 7:40pm
There's a minus sign in front of the quantity in parentheses
2 - (x + 4)
A + and a - is always a minus.
- 8th Math - Cassidy, Sunday, August 25, 2013 at 7:58pm
what if there's a sign of positive in front of the quantity in parenthese, such like 2+(x+4)....which mean the +4 will be staying the same as +4?
- 8th Math - Ms. Sue, Sunday, August 25, 2013 at 7:59pm
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - build equation Of the 15 players on the boys' soccer team, 2/5 are 8th ...
- 8th grade - im in advanced math so i do 8th grade math and i dont understand how...
- Math - Help me please to simplify 8 to 8th power x 8 negative 8th power
- 8th Grade - Whta is a verctorican (srry i can't spell that) award when the 8th ...
- math - in an ap the difference is between the 8th and 4th term is 20 and the 8th...
- math - The question that have is to simplify and write the answer in ...
- 8th Grade - Me and my friend are making our own 8th grade binder, you know like...
- reading - Could 8th grades books to read? I am more on a college/highschool ...
- math - Ok, the problem says: a Middle school has 125 6th graders, 150 7th ...
- 8th grade Math - I'm actually in 7th grade, but I'm doing 8th grade pre-algebra...