Posted by anonymoose on Saturday, August 24, 2013 at 7:59pm.
explain the relationship between tea and a) the Industrial Revolution and b) the expansion of the British Empire
- world history - bobpursley, Saturday, August 24, 2013 at 8:02pm
I will be happy to critique your comparision and analysis.
- world history - Damon, Saturday, August 24, 2013 at 8:05pm
Here is one I never thought of:
- world history - bobpursley, Saturday, August 24, 2013 at 8:07pm
- world history - anonymoose, Saturday, August 24, 2013 at 8:15pm
The relationship between tea and the industrial revolution is that tea was the drink on which all workers depended on to “sharpen their mind’ so that they would be able to endure the long shifts at the factories that were required of them. Just like intellectuals and businessmen had been drawn to coffee, workers took to tea and one of their perks on the job was free tea breaks. It kept the factory running smoothly.
would this answer be okay? and im having a tough time answering the second part of the question. dont have much evidence to support it
- world history - bobpursley, Saturday, August 24, 2013 at 8:19pm
I think the demand for tea sparked shipbuilding, trade routes, and colonies in the Far East (to grow tea). Trade then provided raw materials (not found in England) such as cotton, silk, sasal which then needed to be turned into cloth economically (as compared to hand weaving). The need for machines was then formed.
- world history - anonymoose, Saturday, August 24, 2013 at 8:21pm
which resulted in the expansion of the British Empire?
- world history - bobpursley, Saturday, August 24, 2013 at 8:22pm
yes. for tea, supply routes, and raw goods. Cloth was then shipped back and exchanged for tea and raw goods.
- world history - anonymoose, Saturday, August 24, 2013 at 8:23pm
okay, thank you
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Geography (Ms. Sue) - 1). How did conquest influence the languages spoken in ...
- world history - I need to do a persuasive essay for my world history class on ...
- History - Is this ok? The Industrial Revolution was a period from the ...
- 10th grade U.S History - Explain the second Industrial Revolution. identify and ...
- HIS 104 WORLD CIVILIZATIONS 11 QUIZ - One of the results of the Industrial ...
- US History - Can you please help me with these questions? After the Revolution, ...
- History - How might the relationship between the handloom and the power loom be ...
- USSO - Please explain why the British Colonists in North America sought ...
- ap world history - how did British tea trade help america?
- world history - 16. After the death of Theodosius, the eastern part of the Roman...