Posted by Hopeless on Friday, August 23, 2013 at 3:19pm.
Can you show me how to solve these problems? PLEASE!!! I can't figure out how to solve these. :-(
1.Briarcrest Condiments is a spice-making firm. Recently, it developed a new process for producing spices. The process requires new machinery that would cost $1,953,490. have a life of five years, and would produce the cash flows shown in the following table.
Year Cash Flow
What is the NPV if the discount rate is 15.25 percent? (Enter negative amounts using negative sign e.g. -45.25. Round answer to 2 decimal places, e.g. 15.25.)
NPV is $
2.Archer Daniels Midland Company is considering buying a new farm that it plans to operate for 10 years. The farm will require an initial investment of $12.10 million. This investment will consist of $2.50 million for land and $9.60 million for trucks and other equipment. The land, all trucks, and all other equipment is expected to be sold at the end of 10 years at a price of $5.17 million, $2.07 million above book value. The farm is expected to produce revenue of $2.07 million each year, and annual cash flow from operations equals $1.88 million. The marginal tax rate is 35 percent, and the appropriate discount rate is 9 percent. Calculate the NPV of this investment. (Round intermediate calculations and final answer to 2 decimal places, e.g. 15.25.)
The project should be ___
3.Bell Mountain Vineyards is considering updating its current manual accounting system with a high-end electronic system. While the new accounting system would save the company money, the cost of the system continues to decline. The Bell Mountainís opportunity cost of capital is 13.8 percent, and the costs and values of investments made at different times in the future are as follows:
Year Cost Value of Future Savings
(at time of purchase)
0 $5,000 $7,000
1 4,200 7,000
2 3,400 7,000
3 2,600 7,000
4 1,800 7,000
5 1,000 7,000
Calculate the NPV of each choice. (Round answers to the nearest whole dollar, e.g. 5,275.)
The NPV of each choice is:
NPV0 = $
NPV1 = $
NPV2 = $
NPV3 = $
NPV4 = $
NPV5 = $
Suggest when should Bell Mountain buy the new accounting system?
Bell Mountain should purchase the system in .
4.Chipís Home Brew Whiskey management forecasts that if the firm sells each bottle of Snake-Bite for $20, then the demand for the product will be 15,000 bottles per year, whereas sales will be 88 percent as high if the price is raised 7 percent. Chipís variable cost per bottle is $10, and the total fixed cash cost for the year is $100,000. Depreciation and amortization charges are $20,000, and the firm has a 30 percent marginal tax rate. Management anticipates an increased working capital need of $3,000 for the year. What will be the effect of the price increase on the firmís FCF for the year? (Round answers to nearest whole dollar, e.g. 5,275.)
At $20 per bottle the Chipís FCF is $ and at the new price Chipís FCF is $ .
5.Capital Co. has a capital structure, based on current market values, that consists of 21 percent debt, 9 percent preferred stock, and 70 percent common stock. If the returns required by investors are 10 percent, 12 percent, and 17 percent for the debt, preferred stock, and common stock, respectively, what is Capitalís after-tax WACC? Assume that the firmís marginal tax rate is 40 percent. (Round intermediate calculations to 4 decimal places, e.g. 1.2514 and final answer to 2 decimal places, e.g. 15.25%.)
After tax WACC= %
- Finance - Shana, Tuesday, August 27, 2013 at 4:43pm
THis is the answer to #3 Bell Vineyards
Year 6 to purchase
- Finance - Shana, Tuesday, August 27, 2013 at 4:49pm
This is the answer to #5-Capital Co
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- finance 572 - Briarcrest Condiments is a spice-making firm. Recently, it ...
- corporate finance - Briarcrest Condiments is a spice-making firm. Recently, it ...
- Corporate Finance - Briarcrest Condiments is a spice-making firm. Recently, it ...
- Finance - 1. Briarcrest Condiments is a spice-making firm. Recently, it ...
- Algebra - Blending spice: Spice of life sells ground sumac for $1.35per ounce ...
- algebra - show how to solve these problems: 1. 6x - y = -4 2x + 2y = 15 answer:x...
- math - Jane is taking a class and asks you to help her figure out what her last ...
- Math - I can't figure any of these problems out any help would be nice peace. ...
- Math - How would you solve for A 5 x 3^(x+2)= A x 3^(x) Please help me, I have ...
- Algebra1!Plz help I have test 2morrow!!! - so would the new eqaution be... 2x+8=...