Posted by Allia on Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 8:54pm.
Can you proofread my paper? The assignment was to write a five-paragraph essay comparing Anne Bradstreet's two poems to Puritan writing.
Trusting in God
Have you ever wondered what life will be like if you depended on someone else for everything? The writing of both the Puritans and poet Anne Bradstreet shows us what that was like. “ In the poems, “Burning the House” and “By Night when Others Soundly Slept,” have examples that reflect on Puritan writing.”
What is Puritan writing? Puritan writing was wrote very plainly. Their writing was written in diaries and history was important forms of their literature. They wrote on Godly beliefs because the believed in spiritual compact between God and humanity to pave American constitutional democracy.
“Burning the House” is the first poem used to support Puritan writing. First example of is “In silent night when rest I took, for sorrow near I did not look. I wakened was with thundering noise and piteous shrieks of dreadful voice. That fearful sound of “Fire!” and “Fire!” and let no man know is my desire. “ I, starting up, the light did spy, and to my God my heart did cry to strengthen me in my distress. Anne Bradstreet’s first poem reflected Puritan writing by showing her calling to God for help.
“By Night when Others Soundly Slept” is the second poem used to support Puritan writing. Second example is “I sought him whom my Soul did Love, with tears I sought him earnestly. He bowed his ear down from above and in vain I did not seek or cry.” Again she wrote on something she agrees with like the Puritans centering her life around God.
In conclusion, both of Anne Bradstreet’s poems “Burning the House and By Night when Others Soundly Slept” reflect on Puritan writing. Puritan writing is mainly written to discuss biblical events as a model for their lives. Do you agree that these poem reflect Puritan writing?
- Writing - bobpursley, Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 9:34pm
You are prone to cliche, and you need to examine that in your own proofreading. Examples: to pave American constitutional democracy. ; something she agrees with like
Secondly, you need to simplify sentences. Simple is better.
Examples: The writing of both the Puritans and poet Anne Bradstreet shows us what that was like.
why not The writing of both the Puritans and poet Anne Bradstreet illustrates life dependent on God.
2. Again she wrote on something she agrees with like the Puritans centering her life around God.
why not...Again, she wrote on the
God centered life.
You have a lot of misplaced quotes, it seems to me, I have difficultly telling where and when quotes end.
Finally, your conclusion is weak. Do you really mean "reflect" in the first sentence, or do you mean reflects Puritan writing.
The second sentence is trite. Keep it simple, straight forward, that makes strong thoughts...why not Puritan writing links biblical events and God to peoples lives.
The last sentence is just asking for it. Why ask it? Tell them what you told them...such as
Certainly these two Bradstreet poems reflect Puritan values.
That sentence is strong, and concludes your thesis. Asking a question is the beginning of a new dialogue, and you don't want that.
- Writing - Allia, Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 10:02pm
Any more suggestions?
- Writing - Writeacher, Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 10:04pm
Work on what Bob has suggested/told you above. Then re-post when you've revised, rewritten, and proofed yourself.
Someone here will read it again for you, but not a rough draft. Be sure to do at least one round of proofing on your own before you re-post.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- english 11 - 4. Which of the following statements about Anne Bradstreet is NOT ...
- english - Can someone read my essay and make corrections? Thank you! Puritans ...
- English 11 - 4. Which of the following statements about Anne Bradstreet is NOT ...
- English 3 - I'm writing an essay comparing and contrasting two of Edgar Allan ...
- english - Anne Bradstreet's "The Author to Her Book" I realize she is writing ...
- home school - What are 3-4 writing skills that you feel are important? Why are ...
- essay writing - What is the number 1 essay writing rule? A.Edit and revise your ...
- writing essay - What is the number one essay writing rule? A.Always write five ...
- English Essay Writing - Ok I have a huge paper in which I have to compare the ...
- Penn Foster Writing Assignment Writing Skills - I am trying to complete a 750 to...