Posted by Unknown on Monday, August 19, 2013 at 9:46pm.
1. Reasoning How does the Distance Formula ensure that the distance between two different points is positive?
2. There are two different formulas for midpoint. Is it possible to use the formula for midpoint "on a number line" when you are trying to find the midpoint of two points on a coordinate plane? Explain why or why not.
Geometry, Help - Steve, Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 12:10am
√n is a positive value
So, √(a^2+b^2) is a positive value
There is no "midpoint" of two points in the plane. There is, however, the midpoint of the line segment joining the two points. That will turn out to be the center of the circle which has the two points as the ends of a diameter.
Geometry, Help - Michael Martin, Tuesday, May 6, 2014 at 10:54am
Steve is correct :)
Geometry, Help - Ms. Cruz, Thursday, May 22, 2014 at 12:45pm
You should probably ask your teacher if you need help.
Geometry, Help - Austin Martin, Monday, July 14, 2014 at 9:29am
I say that Steve is correct, but you need to ask your teacher when you need help as he/she will best be able to help you understand the subject. Good luck, and I wish you the best with your studies!
Geometry, Help - Ms. Cruz, Monday, July 21, 2014 at 3:21pm
Steve's answer is incorrect. Two points do have a midpoint. In addition, the answer given does not answer the question asked. I digress, however, and again add that you should ask your teacher if you are not sure how to answer this question. (FYI I teach the class this question came from and will know if you got the answer from this site.)
Geometry, Help - alexander, Friday, October 3, 2014 at 12:40pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Geography/Maths - What is the difference between geographic midpoint and the ...
- Finding a Formula, help please ! - Does anyone know the formula to find any ...
- geometry - Between the points (8,-6) and (-8, 6) find A.) The distance (...
- Geometry - can someone explain this to me? When using the midpoint formula, what...
- Geometry - Use the Distance Formula and the x-axis of the coordinate plane. Show...
- Math - what exactly is the midpoint formula?? I am taking an oline summer school...
- Geometry - What formula should be used to derive the equation of a parabola ...
- Algebra - Find the possible values of a, if the distance between the points is 5...
- 1 MATH QUESTION - When using the midpoint formula, what is different between a ...
- GEOMETRY MIDPOINT FORMULA steve how did this hapn - If a line is extended from A...