Posted by Tomas on Thursday, August 15, 2013 at 6:54pm.
The enrollment of Kennedy High School dropped from 1200 to 1000 over a three-year period. What the percent of decrease during this time?
B 16 2/3
My answer is 1200-1000=200
200/1200= 1/6 ( some wrong )
- maths - Ms. Sue, Thursday, August 15, 2013 at 6:56pm
That's not the answer I got when I divided 200 by 1200.
- maths - Ms. Sue, Thursday, August 15, 2013 at 6:58pm
You need to find the decimal answer. Use a calculator.
- maths - Tomas, Thursday, August 15, 2013 at 7:07pm
the decimal answer is 0.1666666
- maths - Ms. Sue, Thursday, August 15, 2013 at 7:16pm
To find the percent, multiply:
0.1666666 * 100 = 16 2/3%
- maths - Tomas, Thursday, August 15, 2013 at 7:21pm
oh, I get it now, thank you
- maths - Ms. Sue, Thursday, August 15, 2013 at 7:21pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math in distress - A total of 1,200 students attended Top View high school the ...
- Math - A certain school’s enrollment increased 5% this year over last year’s ...
- managerial economics - assuming that the firm's goal is to maximize present ...
- Algebra - Which of these sequences shows exponential growth? a) 800, 400, 200, ...
- Physics - A projectile is launched with 200kg m/s of momentum and 1000 J of ...
- Math - How do I solve this problem? There are 8 sections of seats in an ...
- Statistics - The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) has a combined verbal and ...
- Stats - The GRE has a combined verbal and quantitative mean of 1000 and standard...
- Algebra 2 - Use Cramer's rule to find the number of items the company must sell ...
- math - you have deposited 1000 dollars in your savings account with n annual ...