Posted by Vanessa on Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 1:20pm.
How would you do this?
a.Find the value of y
b. Find rs, st, rt
- Geometry - Steve, Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 1:26pm
8y+4y+8 = 115y-9
103y = -17
y = -17/103
now plug that into the expressions for the segments
- Geometry - Vanessa, Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 1:30pm
How'd you get that? I was trying the problem and couldn't get it
- Geometry - Vanessa, Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 1:31pm
I'm sorry rt=15 not 115
- Geometry - Vanessa, Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 1:35pm
I got y=-17 Am I right?
- Geometry - Steve, Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 3:45pm
well, let's see:
8y+4y+8 = 15y-9
3y = 17
y = 17/3
right off, you should have realized that a negative value for y makes no sense, since we are dealing with line segments, which have positive lengths.
I'm still bothered by the fraction answer. A simple exercise like this usually has a nice integer result.
Answer this Question
- Geometry - I have several questions, because my geometry final is tomorrow. I've...
- Math - Please help me I am terrible at math, and this is my last class before ...
- Geometry - my geometry problem set says "find the ratio of CG : CB" CG=6.3 and ...
- geometry - The measures of all angles in a regular octagon are (4x + 12)°. how ...
- calculus - First I would find the first derivative which is the slope and then ...
- Geometry - If ST = y + 2, RT = 5y – 10 and RS = 2y, then find the value of y and...
- Calculus - Let h(x)= x^3 + 4x -2. Let g(x) represent the inverse of h(x). Find g...
- Geometry - Find the value of z. Then find GE and EH and state whether E is the ...
- geometry - in each circld, find the value of x. then find the given measure m<...
- geometry - LMNO is a parallelogram. If NM = x + 15 and OL = 3x + 5, find the ...