Posted by Rebekah biel on Sunday, August 11, 2013 at 6:30am.
Is the condensed (noble has core) configuration of Ag.....[Kr] 4d^10,5s^1??
chem - Jai, Sunday, August 11, 2013 at 6:55am
chem - mariana, Sunday, August 11, 2013 at 11:49pm
why would it not be [Kr] 5s^2,4d^9
chem - Jai, Monday, August 12, 2013 at 2:43am
Half-filled as well as completely filled, give
-higher stability (high stability is achieved when the d orbital is filled or half-filled, while half-filling the s orbital); and
-lower energy to the atom (there is greater electron-electron repulsion if s orbital is filled when one electron from s orbital can be transferred to the unoccupied 3d orbital)
An example of half-filled is Cr, which has a noble gas core config of [Ar]3d5 4s1.
Hope this helps~ :)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - condensed (noble gas core) configuration for Ag, Br-, Ga3+
- Chem 130 - How do I do this? Using the symbol of the previous noble gas to ...
- College Chemistry - Write the electron configuration for Se using the noble gas ...
- Chem - Draw a Structural Formulae for Hydrogen Cyanide (HCN) and Cyanogen (C2N2 ...
- Chemistry - How do I determine the noble gas configuration of Sm+3? I know the ...
- chem - whats the noble has configuration for chromium? is it [Ar] 4s^2 3d^4
- Chem- quantum question - Hi. My teacher is giving us a test tomorrow on quantum ...
- chem - The noble has configuration for Ta is [Xe] 6s2 4f14 5d3 does the order in...
- Chemistry - Metals lose electrons under certain conditions to attain a noble-gas...
- Chem - Theres this one question in my homework that says that there is an ...