Posted by Claudia on Thursday, August 8, 2013 at 10:48pm.
A diagram shows a straight line graph of In y against x,passing through the point (0,2) and having gradient -3/2 .
The variables x and y are connected by the equation y=pq^x ,where p and q are constants
(i)the value of p and of q ,to one decimal place
(ii)the equation relating x and y
math - Steve, Friday, August 9, 2013 at 12:02am
y = pq^x
lny = lnp + x lnq
2 = lnp + 0 lnq
p = e^2
1/y y' = lnq
y' = y ln q
-3/2 = 2 lnq
lnq = -3/4
q = e^(-3/4)
y = e^2 e^(-3x/4)
math - Claudia, Friday, August 9, 2013 at 12:24am
Can be more specific? still do not understand ...
The answer for part (ii) should be y=7.4(0.2)^2
and the values of q is o.2 ..
math - Steve, Friday, August 9, 2013 at 12:36am
sorry. Guess I should not have given that last line, but the values for p and q were given...
p = e^2 = 7.4
q = e^(-3/2) = 0.2
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - i have more than one question so if u no any of the answers please tell ...
- Math - The variables x and y are related by the equation y=ax/(x-b),where a and ...
- math - With regards to question J: The variables x and y are connected by the ...
- Math - This question concerns the straight line that passes through the points...
- Mathamatics - This question concerns the straight line that passes through the ...
- maths - find the gradient of the tangent to the parabola y=4x-x^2 at (0,0) hence...
- Algebra... - Write the equation of a vertical line passing through the point (8...
- math - the straight L has gradient 3 and passes through the point A(-6,4). a) ...
- Math - How can I determine a value of gradient from a graph if the line is ...
- math - On a straight line graph, if the line is going this way \ and it goes ...