Posted by vincent on Saturday, August 3, 2013 at 4:28pm.
if 8 men can do a job in days, what is the percentage increase in number of days required to do the job when 2 men are released?
not just an answer please.
C. 33 1/3%
math - Steve, Saturday, August 3, 2013 at 5:45pm
6 men is 3/4 of 8 men
So, they can only do 3/4 as much work in a day.
So, it takes 4/3 as many days, or
math - Reiny, Saturday, August 3, 2013 at 5:55pm
suppose it took n days
number of man-days = 8n
if done by 6 men
number of days = 8n/6 = 4n/3
change in days = 4n/3 - n = (1/3)n
percentage change = (1/3)n / n = 1/3 or 33 1/3%
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- maths - 300 men were engaged to complete a job in a certain number of days. but ...
- math - If a job can be done by 10 workers in 5 hours, the work load is 10(5) = ...
- math - If a job takes 64 men to complete in 15 days, how many more men will take...
- math - I 64 men do a job in 15 days how many more men are needed to do the job ...
- work - b)5 men can do equal amount of work as 8 women. If 3 men and 5 women ...
- maths - 300 mens were engaged to complete a job in a certain number of days. but...
- arithmetic - Three men are working together can finish a house repair job in 10 ...
- airthmetic progression - 300 men wre engaged to complete a job in acertain ...
- Maths ( urgent help ) - 20 men can do a piece of work in 24 days. After working ...
- math - 20 men can do a piece of work in 24 days. After working for 6 days, ...