Posted by Crystal on Saturday, July 27, 2013 at 7:26pm.
Joe had a score of 72 on the Counseling Aptitude Scale, and the standard error of measurement of the scale is 3. Where would we expect Tom's true score to fall 99.5 percent of the time?
a.71 to 73
b. 69 to 75
c. 66 to 78
d. 63 to 81
- Statistic/Psychology - Ms. Sue, Saturday, July 27, 2013 at 7:28pm
I see you haven't resolved this question about whose score you want. Please check with your teacher about this.
- Statistic/Psychology - PsyDAG, Sunday, July 28, 2013 at 12:34pm
Do you mean standard error (SEm) or standard deviation (SD).
SEm = SD/√n, but no n is indicated.
If you meant SD, then use this equation.
Z = (score-mean)/SD
Find table in the back of your statistics text labeled something like "areas under normal distribution" to find the proportion/probability (.0025 or .4975) and its Z score.
With equation above, calculate score for both ± Z.
- Statistic/Psychology - Peter, Wednesday, October 30, 2013 at 2:12am
you must add or subtract the SEM 3 times.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Statistic/Psychology - Joe had a score of 72 on the Counseling Aptitude Scale, ...
- Statistics: IQ Score (X) and Exam Score (Y) - Assuming that the regression ...
- ENGLISH/MATH HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - NYS ELA 7 Score - Level 2 (...
- statistics - So if a depression scale has 30 items in it, and if an individual ...
- statistics - So if a scale has 30 items in it, and if an individual gets a score...
- Statistic in Social Science - The verbal part of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE...
- ACT's - What is considered a good score to achieve on the ACT's? At what score ...
- standard deviation - the mean is 3.5. dtandard deviation is .5. sally's score is...
- Statistics - Some IQ scores are standardized with a mean of 100 and a standard ...
- Math_Statistics - Some IQ scores are standardized with a mean of 100 and a ...