Posted by Claudia on Friday, July 26, 2013 at 10:26pm.
1.Express (xe^x)^2=30e^(-x) in the form lnx=ax+b,and find the value of a and of b .
- math - Reiny, Friday, July 26, 2013 at 10:56pm
1. take ln of both sides
ln(x e^x)^2 = ln(30 e^-x)
2 lnx + 2ln e^x = ln30 + ln e^-x
2lnx + 2x = ln30 -x
2 lnx = -3x + ln30
lnx = (-3/2)x + (1/2)ln30 or (-3/2)x + ln (√30)
comparing this with ax + b
a = -3/2 , b = ln √30
2. take ln of both sides and use rules of logs
ln (4(3^2x) ) = ln e^x
ln4 + xln3 = x
x - 2xln3 = ln4
x(1 - 2ln3) = ln4
x = ln4/(1-2ln3) or appr. -1.1579
LS = 4(3^-2.3158... = .31413784
RS = e^-1.157923.. = .31413784 , how about that?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - how would you solve for y in this problem: ln(y-1)-ln2 = x +lnx ln(y-1)-...
- calculus - (a) find the intervals on which f is incrs or decrs. (b) find the ...
- L'Hopital's rule - Find lim x->1+ of [(1/(x-1))-(1/lnx)]. Here is my work...
- Calculus 1 - Find the derivative of y with respect to x. y=(x^6/6)(lnx)-(x^6/36...
- math - I am suppose to simplify the following problems: sqrt(x)/x (isn't that ...
- statistics - Does anyone know how to solve these two problems. Solve the problem...
- Math logs - Solve the system of equations: y= (lnx)^2 + 2 (lnx^2) y = 3ln(1/x^2...
- Math (Calculus) - Can somebody solve this logarithm problem step by step for me ...
- Math - I cant figure this question out. I could use some help. Solve for x lnx-...
- algebra 2 - Would some one look at these problems and see if I got them right ...