Posted by Joy on Friday, July 26, 2013 at 2:30pm.
Use Bubble Sort to sort the list:
7, 12, 5, 22, 13, 32
What is the maximum number of comparisons required for a list of 6 numbers?
How many vcomparisons did I actually need?
- Discrete Mathematics - MathMate, Friday, July 26, 2013 at 3:31pm
Number of comparisons for 6 numbers:
You need all 15 comparisons unless you modify the algorithm to keep track of exchanges.
There are 4 exchanges in this particular example.
- Discrete Mathematics - Joy, Friday, July 26, 2013 at 4:45pm
Thanks for explaining this to me!
- Discrete Mathematics :) - MathMate, Friday, July 26, 2013 at 5:04pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Discrete Mathematics - Sort with Insertion Sort and Selection Sort algorithms ...
- Simple Array Process - need help with this generate only the pseudocode. No ...
- CIS/Visual Logic - Design an application that accepts 10 numbers and displays ...
- Programming - 2. Then it should prompt the user for the input file name of the ...
- JAVA PROGRAM SELECTION SORT USING RECURSION - JAVA PROGRAM Details: I'm having a...
- math 3 grader - Sort these numbers describe your sort rule 5, 10, 16, 19, 24, 37...
- Math - In the list of numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, how many of the numbers in the ...
- java programming - You need to provide more than a yes or no answer for this ...
- math - Sort these numbers. Describe your sort rule. 5 10 16 19 24 37 40
- algebra - Sort these numbers describe your sort rule 5, 10, 16, 19, 24, 37, 40