Posted by leena on Thursday, July 25, 2013 at 9:50am.
Compare and contrast folded mountains to volcanic mountains. How they are alike? How they are different?
i got some of it..
Both were probably formed from convergent plate boundaries.
Volcanic Mountains - are mountains that form when molten rock erupts onto the Earth's surface. They can either form on land or in the ocean. whereas Fold mountains are mountains formed mainly by the effects of folding on layers within the upper part of the Earth's crust.
- geography - Ms. Sue, Thursday, July 25, 2013 at 11:31am
- geography - leena, Thursday, July 25, 2013 at 11:55am
can you give me some more similarities.
- geography - Ms. Sue, Thursday, July 25, 2013 at 12:13pm
- geography - leena, Thursday, July 25, 2013 at 12:49pm
i cannot find any similarities from this link. :(
- geography - Ms. Sue, Thursday, July 25, 2013 at 12:59pm
You must not have read very far.
"Movements of tectonic plates create volcanoes along the plate boundaries which erupt and form mountains."
Now read the first paragraph under fold mountains.
- geography - leena, Thursday, July 25, 2013 at 1:10pm
if u wish i will read it again
- geography - leena, Thursday, July 25, 2013 at 1:24pm
i found 1 more difference;
Volcanoes are created by debris from their own eruptions but fold mountains are formed by slow motion collisions of earth's plates
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Science - the black hills are an example of which type of mountain building? a. ...
- Science - Mountains produced by tensional stress, like the Teton Range in ...
- Science - Mountains that have developed because of compressional stress—...
- geography - are alps bigger or mountains?or wat's the difference between them? ...
- science - mountains that are formed between two large faults are known as a. ...
- science - Why are the Catskills not really mountains? a the catskills are ...
- science - What are 3 different kinds of volcanic mountains, and describe how ...
- Earth Science - The Rocky Mountains are more jagged than the Appalachian ...
- geography - Name three major mountain ranges and state to what continents they ...
- science - Active volcanos are most likely to form at a)transform boundaries b)...