Posted by Mat on Thursday, July 25, 2013 at 9:29am.
Read the following paragraphs and write a topic sentence that expresses the main idea of each.
For example, if it is a sport, then some people wonder why cheerleaders must also be concerned with the neatness and uniformity of their appearance. In addition, since cheerleading does not require an opposing group of cheerleaders, some people question whether it can be considered a sport.
Need Help Please.....!!!!
- English - Writeacher, Thursday, July 25, 2013 at 9:47am
I see only one paragraph.
What do you think the MAIN IDEA (remember, that's singular!) of this paragraph is?
- english - Mat, Thursday, July 25, 2013 at 10:00am
There's more paragraphs, I think the main idea is Cheerleaders.
- english - Writeacher, Thursday, July 25, 2013 at 10:19am
"Cheerleaders" is one word, not a complete sentence. What is the OVERALL idea about cheerleaders in that paragraph.
- english - Mat, Thursday, July 25, 2013 at 10:59am
people question whether cheerleading is a sport.
- english - Writeacher, Thursday, July 25, 2013 at 11:16am
Yes, right. Be sure to put a capital at the beginning and a period at the end.
- english - Mat, Thursday, July 25, 2013 at 11:23am
Ok, I need help with this one also.
Some writers like to brainstorm their ideas on a scrap paper before sitting down to write. Others are less intimidated by a blank computer screen or piece of paper, and prefer to dive headfirst into a project. Many students find it useful to begin their work with an outline of ideas that are later developed into complete sentences. A highly unsuccessful method approaching a writing assignment is to wait until the last minute, ask for an extension, and then plagiarize.
- english - Writeacher, Thursday, July 25, 2013 at 2:13pm
What is the OVERALL idea that every sentence in that paragraph is explaining?
- english - Carlos, Tuesday, July 30, 2013 at 9:23am
Some writers like to brainstorm their ideas different ways.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- english - For example, if it is a sport, then some people wonder why ...
- History - I have a paper I must do and have been trying all summer to finish. I ...
- english - Which one of the following statements is true regarding paragraphs? A...
- us history - Write a five-paragraph essay that answers the following question: ...
- english - Need Help.Please and Thanks. Read each of the following topic ...
- english - Write a 150- to 200-word paragraph to explain how purpose, audience, ...
- 3 grade english ms sue - the topic is what a piece of writing is about. the main...
- "write a paragraph on book's thesis"? - I'm going into AP (advanced placement) ...
- English 102 - I am not asking anyone to do my homework, i am just asking for ...
- Written Communication - • Choose a topic from your personal knowledge and ...