Posted by Uncle Sam on Thursday, July 25, 2013 at 1:20am.
The shaft ABC is a solid circular cylinder of constant outer diameter 2R and length 3L. The shaft is fixed between walls at A and C and it is composed of two segments made of different materials. The left third of the shaft (AB) is composed of a linear isotropic elastic material of shear modulus G0, while the right two-thirds of the shaft (BC) is composed of a different linear elastic material of shear modulus 2G0. The right segment, BC, is subjected to a uniform distributed torque per unit length t0[N⋅m/m].
Obtain symbolic expressions in terms of R, G0, L, t0, and x for the quantities below. In your answers, leave rationals as fractions and enter G0, t0, and π as G_0, t_0 and pi, respectively.
The x-component of the reaction torque at C:
Q2_1_2 : 60.0 POINTS
The twist rate dφdx(x), and the position x0 along the shaft where the twist rate goes to zero (dφdx(x0)=0):
Q2_1_3 : 60.0 POINTS
The maximum absolute value of the shear stress in the shaft (τmax) and its location (rτmax, xτmax):
Q2_1_4 : 100.0 POINTS
The maximum value of the rotation field φ(x) along the shaft (φmax), and the position along the shaft where the maximum rotation occurs (xφmax):
- Physics,2.01x - superman, Friday, July 26, 2013 at 12:42pm
a) 0<=x<L ===>> (2*t_0*L)/(pi*G_0*R4)
- Physics,2.01x - access014, Friday, July 26, 2013 at 11:05pm
d*phi/dx = (t_0*L)/(pi*G_0*R^4)
d*phi/dx = (t_0*(3*L-2*x))/(2*pi*G_0*R^4)
x0 = 3/2*L
some one for the rest?
rômax = R
- Physics,2.01x - ElementarySchoolStudent, Friday, July 26, 2013 at 11:55pm
- Physics,2.01x - ElementarySchoolStudent, Saturday, July 27, 2013 at 10:34am
There is a error in tau max
the correct answer is
tau max =(3*t_0*L)/(pi*R^3)
- Physics,2.01x - 11YearsOldMITStudent, Saturday, July 27, 2013 at 2:53pm
This is my last chance and I need to see if my calculus is correct.
Is it correct ?
vA=-5.82 cm ??
- Physics,2.01x - sick yoda, Sunday, July 28, 2013 at 3:23am
Yes , it is -5.823 cm
- Physics,2.01x - Simon76, Sunday, July 28, 2013 at 1:01pm
phi_max = 9/8*t_0*L^2/(pi*G_0*R^4)
x_phi_max = 3/2*L
- Physics,2.01x - MAn, Monday, July 29, 2013 at 1:42pm
Help with the rest
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- MIT 2.01x - The shaft ABC is a solid circular cylinder of constant outer ...
- MITx: 2.01x - Q2_1: QUIZ 2, PROBLEM #1 The shaft ABC is a solid circular ...
- Physics,2.01x - The shaft ACB, of constant outer diameter 2R and length 2L, is ...
- MIT 2.01x - The thin wall shaft is fixed at and loaded by concentrated torques ...
- physics - A hollow steel shaft has an external diameter of 120 mm and is 10 mm ...
- Physics - Hi everybody! can someone please help me with this problem? The shaft ...
- Physics - Q2_1: QUIZ 2, PROBLEM #1 The shaft ABC is a solid circular cylinder of...
- Math - Q2_1: QUIZ 2, PROBLEM #1 The shaft ABC is a solid circular cylinder of ...
- Physics - Help with the following ones: 2-2-1, 2-2-3, 2-2-4 Q2_1: QUIZ 2, ...
- MAT LAB - Q2_1: QUIZ 2, PROBLEM #1 The shaft ABC is a solid circular cylinder of...