Posted by James on .
Students enrolled in an introductory statistics course at a university were asked to take a survey that indicated whether the student has a visual or verbal learning style. Of the 39 students who took the survey, 25 were judged to have a visual learning style and 14 were considered verbal learners.
1. Determine a 90% confidence interval for the population proportion who are visual learners at this university.
2. Write a sentence interpreting what this interval says.
3. How would a 99% confidence interval compare to this one in terms of its midpoint and half-width? (Do not bother to determine this interval.)
4. Check whether the technical condition concerning sample size is satisfied here.
5. Explain why you might feel wary about applying this confidence interval to the population of all students at this university.
Math Statistics -