Posted by Hannah on Tuesday, July 23, 2013 at 7:47pm.
SPECTROPHOTOMETRIC ANALYSIS OF STEEL
I have a known molarity of KMnO4 solution. It was diluted by a factor of 20. Its absorbance is now 1.18. The length of the path is 1 cm.What is the molarity of the new solution.
Analytical chem - Devron, Tuesday, July 23, 2013 at 9:41pm
I think you need the molar absorptivity to solve, and I am not sure that the number that I supplied is the correct number. Chemistry research articles will report different numbers for it, and I know that it is not in CRC handbook. That is why Dr. Bob222 hasn't responded.
Use the following equation:
e=molar absorptivity=1.80 x 104 M-1cm-1
b=length of cuvette
Plug and Chug
Analytical chem - Devron, Tuesday, July 23, 2013 at 9:42pm
I apologize, this may be why he hasn't responded.
Analytical chem - DrBob222, Wednesday, July 24, 2013 at 12:54am
I may be missing something but if you have a "known molarity" of KMnO4, then it's new concn is just M x 1/20 = ?
oops--Analytical chem - DrBob222, Wednesday, July 24, 2013 at 1:15pm
I goofed on the "English" part of my answer. It's should be its.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- College Chemistry Lab - Suppose that a 2.50x10^-6M solution of red dye No. 2 had...
- Food Analysis - 1.If 0.5l of 5M solution of CU(NO3) is diluted to a volume of 0....
- chemistry - A STUDENT STUDYING THE FE+3- HSCN equilibrium put into a test tube ...
- Molarity - A 4.0−L sample of a 6.3M NaCl solution is diluted to 50L . What...
- Chemistry - I have 93.954 mL of a generic cola solution. The solution contains: ...
- CHEMISTRY - A STUDENT STUDYING THE FE+3- HSCN equilibrium put into a test tube ...
- Chem - If you have an equation for a line, y = 0.15x + 0.010, where y is ...
- chem - A student based the analysis of Cu(II) in a sample on the formation of ...
- AP Chem - A solution of hydrogen peroxide, H2O2, is titrated with a solution of ...
- chemistry - ou weigh out Potassium Permanganate, Mass of KMnO4 (MW=158.034...