Posted by isaac on Monday, July 22, 2013 at 11:55pm.
tap a was turned on to fill a rectangular tank of 50cm by 40cm by 28cm with water at a rate of 6 liters per minute. after 2 minutes, tap b was turned on to drain water from the tank at a rate of 2 liters per minutes. 6 minutes after tap b was turned on, both taps were tuned off. find the depth of water left in the tank
math - Anonymous, Tuesday, July 23, 2013 at 12:37am
Tap a filled for 8 mins=8x6=48 lit.
Tap b drained for 6 mins=6x2=12 lit.
Water remaining=48-12=36 lit=36000ml
Ht of water in tank=36000/(50x40)=36/2=18 cm
math - Reiny, Tuesday, July 23, 2013 at 7:42am
A full tank will hold 56 L
Using the calculations of anonymous of 36 L of water after both taps are turned of,
h/28 = 36/56
h = 28(36/56) = 18
the water is 18 cm deep
math03 - Debela Duguma, Tuesday, July 23, 2013 at 8:08am
Trig aplication meseramants width of lake
math - Debela Duguma, Tuesday, July 23, 2013 at 8:21am
Haw can solev this qen trig application measruments width of lake?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - tap a was turned on to till a rectangular tank of 50cm by 40cm by 28cm ...
- Math - Tap A was turned on to fill a rectangular tank of 50 cm by 40 cm by 28 cm...
- Grade 6: money and measures - An empty rectangular tank with a base are of 2400 ...
- math - A tank contains 4L of water at first. Tap A is turned on and water from ...
- math - an empty rectangle tank with a base area of 2400 cm^2 is filed with ...
- math - an empty rectangle tank with a base area of 2400 cm^2 is filed with water...
- math - Ben placed a stone in an empty rectangular tank, 50cm long and 40cm wide...
- Maths - A water tap fills at the rate of 25 litre per minute into a water tank ...
- Math - Tap A fills up a water tank in 45 mins. Tap A fills up_____(ugh soo right...
- Math - a rectangular tank with a square base of side 60 centimeters and a height...