Posted by Azal on Saturday, July 20, 2013 at 3:13pm.
1. A Ferris wheel with a radius of 7m makes one complete revolution every 16 s. The bottom of the wheel is 1.5m above ground.
a)Find the equation of the graph
b)predict how the graph and the equation will change if the Ferris wheel turns more slowly
c) test your predictions from part b by drawing a graph for three revolutions and finding a equation if the wheel completes one revolution every 20 s.
trig - Steve, Saturday, July 20, 2013 at 3:24pm
since sin(kt) has period 2pi/k, we have
y = 7sin(pi/8 t) + 8.5
with appropriate shift depending on where the wheel is at time 0.
slower turning means longer period, so the coefficient of t will decrease.
trig - Azal - pleaseee helpp, Saturday, July 20, 2013 at 3:30pm
trig - Steve, Sunday, July 21, 2013 at 4:57am
set 2pi/k = 16 and solve for k.
Because the period is 16. Normally, sin(x) has period 2pi. Review your text and reread my first line.
trig - john smith, Wednesday, November 30, 2016 at 6:23pm
i dont know the answer
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - A carnival Ferris wheel with a radius of 7 m makes one complete ...
- Math (Trig) - a ferris wheel has a radius of 10m and is one meter above the ...
- Trigonometry - A carnival Ferris wheel with a radius of 7 m makes one complete ...
- Math - need help ASAP!! Please! - The question relates to application of sine ...
- calculus - Eric is standing on the ground, a distance of 70 ft from the bottom ...
- math - a ferris wheel has a radius of 8m and rotates every 12 hrs. THe bottom of...
- Math - A ferris wheel has a diameter of 10 m and takes 24 sec to make one ...
- math - the maximun height of a ferris wheel is 35m. the wheel takes 2 mins to ...
- Pre-Cal - A Ferris wheel is 40 meters in diameter and boarded from a platform ...
- Math - The rim of the London Eye (a 135m diameter ferris wheel) moves 26 cm/sec...