Posted by ROBIN on Friday, July 19, 2013 at 5:53pm.
A frustrated office worker throws his laptop out of his businessís high-rise
office building. The height, h, in meters of the laptop above the ground at t
seconds can be modelled by 2 h(t) 125 5t .
Estimate the instantaneous rate at which the laptop hits the ground.
- MATH - ROBIN, Friday, July 19, 2013 at 5:58pm
sorry the equation is h(t)=125=125-5t^2
- MATH - Graham, Friday, July 19, 2013 at 7:01pm
h(t) = 125 - 5t^2
Take the derivative to find the velocity:
v(t) = dh(t)/dt = -10 t
Find the time when height is 0.
Find the velocity at that time.
- MATH - heather, Saturday, July 20, 2013 at 12:09pm
but when h is 0 t=0....
- MATH - Henry , Saturday, July 20, 2013 at 7:26pm
h = 125-5t^2 = 0
-5t^2 + 125 = 0
t^2 - 25 = 0
(t+5)(t-5) = 0
t = -5
t = 5 s.
V = g*t = 9.8 * 5 = 49 m/s.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- MATH - A frustrated office worker throws his laptop out of his businessís high-...
- Business - Your sister wants to purchase Microsoft Office 2013 for her new ...
- Physics - A boy stands on the edge of a building 7 meters high and throws a rock...
- physics, please help me, this question is hard - John Stands at the edge of a ...
- Trigonometry - The angles of elevation of an office building as observed from ...
- Math - Laura has $80 saved for a new laptop. This is 20% of the total amount she...
- math - the number of photos t.j. has on his laptop is twice as many as the ...
- Math( help please ! ) - The height of a ball thrown vertically upward from a ...
- English - 1. What do you want for your birthday? - What I want for my birthday ...
- math - An architect is designing an office building with n floors that will have...