Posted by tony on Sunday, July 14, 2013 at 8:48pm.
simplify the expression.
- trig - tony, Sunday, July 14, 2013 at 8:57pm
tan (pi/2 - x) = sin (pi/2 - x) / cos (pi/2 - x)
But sin (pi/2 - x) = cos x
cos (pi/2 - x) = sin x
tan (pi/2 - x) = cos x / sin x = cotan x
tan (pi/2 - x) * tan x =
cotan x * tan x =
(cos x / sin x) * (sin x / cos x) =
- trig - Steve, Monday, July 15, 2013 at 4:56am
works for me.
the co-functions are the functions of the complementary angles. So, by definition, tan(π/2-x) = cot(x). Your proof works as well, though.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- trigonometry (please double check this) - Solve the following trig equations. ...
- calculus - 1. what trig function has an amplitue of 1 and negative values for ...
- Trig - Solve the trig equation exactly over the indicated interval. tanθ = ...
- Trigonometry - Given that a^2+b^2=2 and that (a/b)= tan(45degee+x), find a and b...
- Trigo - Given that a^2+b^2=2 and that (a/b)= tan(45degee+x), find a and b in ...
- Solving Trig equation - Solve the trig equation exactly in the interval 0≤...
- Math - Use an addition or subtraction formula to write the expression as a ...
- Math - Write an equation of the tangent function with period (3π)/8, phase ...
- trig - Evaluate and simplify tan 5π/12.
- trig 26 - simplify to a constant or trig func. 1. sec Ču-tan Ču/cos Čv+sin Čv ...