Posted by Laarni on Sunday, July 14, 2013 at 9:57am.
Find the surface area and the lateral area of a regular square pyramid with base edge 6 and a lateral edge √34. PLEASE PLEASE HUHU Teach me how and what is lateral edge
GEOMETRY(SURFACE AREA) - Steve, Sunday, July 14, 2013 at 5:00pm
lateral edge is an edge from the base to the vertex. As opposed to a base edge.
If the base edge is 6, the base diagonal is 6√2
Now draw a right triangle from the center of the base to the vertex, including one base corner.
(6√2/2)^2 + h^2 = (√34)^2
18 + h^2 = 34
h = 4
So, now we have height 4 and base edge 6, so the faces are triangles with
base = 6
height = √(3^2 + 4^2) = 5
lateral area is thus 4 * 1/2 (6)(5)
add the square base if desired.
GEOMETRY(SURFACE AREA) - Ericka, Monday, October 14, 2013 at 3:04pm
GEOMETRY(SURFACE AREA) - Anonymous, Tuesday, April 19, 2016 at 9:53am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- geometry - Find the lateral area of a regular hexagonal pyramid with base edge ...
- geometry - Identify the lateral area and surface area of a regular square ...
- Geometry - The base of a regular pyramid is a hexagon whose sides have length 5 ...
- math - The base of a regular pyramid is a square whose sides have a length 8 cm...
- geometry - 1. What is the lateral surface area of a square pyramid with side ...
- geometry(surface area) - What is the lateral surface area of a cone with radius ...
- GEOMETRY (SA oftriangular pyramid) - Find the surface area of a triangular ...
- geometry - How do you find the lateral area and perimeter of a pentagonal ...
- Maths - The measure of an edge of a cube is 6.5cm. Find its surface area and ...
- Geometry - What is the lateral surface area of the prism? Rectangular prism ...