Posted by Macy on Friday, July 12, 2013 at 6:40pm.
Will you please check my answers?
1. Single-celled organisms that do not have a membrane-bound nucleus are called
C. Golgi bodies.
2. In cells, a form of active transport is
A. a sodium-potassium pump.
C. facilitated diffusion.
D. simple diffusion.
3. A carbon molecule that has a different arrangement of atoms is known as a/an
4. The least usable form of energy is
C. a calorie.
5. In the electron transport chain, the main purpose of the _______ we breathe is to keep electrons moving
along from the first to the last chemical carrier.
D. carbon dioxide
6. Short, hairlike projections called _______ enable the motion of some eukaryotic cells.
7. Glycerol is a subunit molecule of a
A. nucleic acid.
8. An element that speeds up chemical reactions is called a/an
9. Plants and algae are remarkable in that they can make all the organic compounds they need from the end
product of the Calvin cycle, which is
A. RuBP carboxylase.
B. G3P molecules.
D. carbon dioxide.
10. A substance that's attracted to water molecules is called
11. What happens during glycolysis?
A. Hydrogen ions combine to form water.
B. Oxidation takes place in the matrix of mitochondria.
C. Glucose breaks down into two molecules of pyruvate.
D. The oxidation of pyruvate forms NADH and CO2.
12. In a eukaryotic cell, a network of protein filaments called _______ helps maintain the shape of the cell.
B. the nucleolus
C. the cytoskeleton
13. The energy used by living organisms on Earth comes from
B. the sun.
C. the oceans.
D. fossil fuels.
14. The process by which a biologist uses creative thought to find a pattern among isolated facts is called
A. inductive reasoning.
B. simple reasoning.
C. proving a theory.
D. proving a hypothesis.
15. Biology is the study of
A. the physical world.
16. The monomers of nucleic acids, such as DNA and RNA, are known as
17. Which one of the following events occurs during Calvin cycle reactions?
A. ATP is produced.
B. Chlorophyll energizes electrons.
C. Carbohydrates are produced.
D. An enzyme helper becomes NADPH.
18. The tiny particles that comprise an element are called
19. According to the octet rule, an atom with two electron shells is most stable when it contains eight
20. In the leaves of flowering plants, where does the process of photosynthesis occur?
A. In glucose
B. Between chlorophylls
C. In stomata
D. In chloroplasts
- Biology - Ms. Sue, Friday, July 12, 2013 at 6:44pm
Jiskha doesn't have a regular biology tutor, so I suggest you post these questions and your answers in this forum.
It would be easier to check if you only put 4 or 5 questions and their answers in each post.
- Biology - Devron, Friday, July 12, 2013 at 8:18pm
14. No Idea
17. I would go with B, but I am not 100% sure.
- Biology - Macy, Saturday, July 13, 2013 at 7:15pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- grammar help - Hi, Please help me fix grammatical and any other mistakes in my ...
- Biology - a) What is a major structural advantage that eukaryotic cells have ...
- 7th grade science Ms. Sue please check - Hi! Can you check my answers please and...
- Biology - How are the following terms related to the process of transcription ...
- chemistry - 1. Which of the following statements about the cell theory is ...
- Biology - Name for membrane bound organelles - Membrane bound organelles are ...
- Biology - 1. What are protists? (1 point) prokaryotes that are part of domain ...
- Biology - A relationship in which a single celled organisms live within the ...
- biology - With each cell division , the chromosomes are divided between 2 ...
- Biology - What are two types of materials or observations that would necessitate...