Posted by Queta on Thursday, July 11, 2013 at 1:50pm.
1.IN a given training week, a swimmer completes 1/4 mile on day one, 2/5 mile on day two, and 3/7 mile on day three. How many total miles does the athlete swim in the given week?
a. 151/140 miles
2. The temperature on one day in January for Phoenix. Az is 42 degrees farenheit. On the same day in Barrow, AK the temperature is -31 degress fahrenheit . What is the difference between these two temperature?
a.-11 degrees fahrenheit
b.-31 degrees fahrenheit
c.11 degrees fahrenheit
d.73 degrees fahrenheit
3.A clothing store offers a 10% discount on all purchases. What is the discount in dollars (before tax) for an item originally costing $22.00 dollars?
4. A taxi company charges $2.40 for the first mile and $1.20 per mile for each additional mile. How much would the bill be for a 15 mile trip?
- Math 116 - Ms. Sue, Thursday, July 11, 2013 at 1:59pm
Which of these questions don't you understand?
- Math 116 - Queta, Thursday, July 11, 2013 at 2:04pm
Hi Ms Sue I am confuse right now for #1 my answer was b. #2 a and c #3 c and a #4 b
- Math 116 - Ms. Sue, Thursday, July 11, 2013 at 2:22pm
1. Wrong. The common denominator is 140.
2. Wrong. 42 dropping to 0 is a 42 degree drop. Then it dropped another 31 degrees.
3. Wrong. Read the question carefully.
- Math 116 - Jeanette, Sunday, December 15, 2013 at 5:12pm
Answer this Question
math - In a given training week, a swimmer completes 3/7 mile on day one, 1/2 ...
math - Maggie is getting ready for the one-mile race in June. The first day of ...
math - if a man walked 1/12th of a mile one day 2/12ths of a mile the next day ...
IS141 - extended response: Dekendra is keeping a log of the miles she walks each...
College Algebra - A couple wants to rent a car for one day while on vacation. ...
algebra - A car rental company has two rental rates. Rate 1 is $63 per day plus...
math - Use an inequality to solve the problem. Be sure to show the inequality ...
math - peter took a 1,500 mile trip in 5 days. each day, he drove 30 miles more ...
Algebra - A couple wishes to rent a car for one day while on vacation. Ford Auto...
Math - Compound Inequalities - A car rental agency charges A. $60 per day or B...