Posted by Allison on Tuesday, July 9, 2013 at 1:54pm.
1. The U.S. Constitution's Article I, Section 1 created the office for the U.S. president.
2. The term of office for a House member is two years.
3. Two requirements for members of the House are that they must be 25 years of age and a citizen of the US for at least 7 years.
4. In the beginning of our nation seats were reapportioned after the first three years, but today we reapportion seats in the House every 10 years.
5. The leader of the House is known as the President of the House of Representatives.
6. The House has the sole power of impeachment that the Senate does not have.
7. The term of office for a U.S. Senator is four years.
8. The Senate is referred to as a continuous body, because not all Senators are up for re-election all at the same time. Instead, 1/3 of all Senators are up for re-election every 2 years. Meaning that about 33 seats are up for election in 2004, 33 different seats in 2006, and the last 34 in 2008; however, all Senators still serve for 6 years!
9. Two requirements for a U.S. Senator are one must be 35 years of age and a natural born citizen (meaning he/she must have been born here).
10. The leader of the Senate is known as the President of the Senate, but most of us know him better as the Vice President of the United States.
11. Unlike the Speaker, the President of the Senate only gets to vote when there is a tie in the Senate.
12. If the President of the Senate is absent, the Speaker of the House takes his place.
13. The Senate has the sole power to try impeachments in order to determine if an individual should be removed from office.
14. In order to do business (discuss & debate issues plus vote on decisions/bills), each house must have a quorum.
15. Members of Congress are not allowed to kick out their own members for misconduct; this is left up to the courts.
16. Any bill dealing with money (appropriations bills) must start in the Senate.
17. Not all resolutions need presidential approval, as do bills becoming law.
18. List four powers that Congress has, based on the expressed powers listed in the Constitution. Please number your list from 1 to 4.
19. List two powers denied to Congress, as well as two powers denied to the State governments. Be sure that you clarify which is which.
Denied to Congress;
Denied to State;
Denied State Government
Check answers Please & Help w/ 18 & 19
- Government - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, July 9, 2013 at 2:06pm
I checked your first 10 answers and found that not only haven't you studied your text, you're a lousy guesser!
I don't know one of the answers, but of the other 9, you missed 6.
- Government - Allison, Tuesday, July 9, 2013 at 2:14pm
i don't have a text to study. its an online class.
- Government - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, July 9, 2013 at 2:29pm
How the dickens do you expect to learn anything without studying???
- Government - Christiana, Wednesday, July 24, 2013 at 1:09pm
Did you ever get the answers to these i am taking the same online class and am having trouble finding some answers.
- Government - Unknown, Monday, June 27, 2016 at 8:44pm
It yall turn
- Government - Leslie, Saturday, July 2, 2016 at 1:03am
19. Cannot pass laws
Cannot suspend the writ of habeas corpus
Prohibited from passing bills of attainder
- Government - Unknown , Saturday, July 2, 2016 at 3:01pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- american gov - which of the following statements is true with respect to the ...
- US Government - Hello, I need some help with a few Government true/false ...
- U.S. GOVERNMENT - 1)The federal government has more expressed powers than ...
- government - 1. The Framers of the US Constitution supported political parties. ...
- Government - ________ give the president the power to issue executive orders. a...
- government - what gives the president the power to issue executive powers: A) ...
- government - A)the constitution and the judical branch which is my choice B)...
- goverment check answers - What does Congress have the power to do? buy land and...
- American Government - Hey guys could you please check this thanks. The ...
- government - the "nerve center" of the executive office of the lpresident is the...