Posted by Tony on Monday, July 8, 2013 at 11:53am.
Shown below are rental and leasing revenue figures for office machinery and equipment in the United States over a sever-year period according to the U.S. Census Bureau. Use these data to run a linear regression and then forecast the rental and leasing revenue for the year 2012.
statistics - Steve, Monday, July 8, 2013 at 12:09pm
Just go to your favorite regression calculator, and if y(x) is the line estimating x years after 2004,
y = 7174.75 - 678.964x
So, for 2012,
y(8) = -972.77
It's not likely that we will get a negative value, and indeed we see that since the data rise and then fall, a linear model isn't very good in this case.
statistics - Tony, Monday, July 8, 2013 at 12:18pm
So for 2012,
y (8) = -972.77
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- statistics - Question 1 Shown below are rental and leasing revenue figures for ...
- Stats - This assignment requires you to use Excel. In question 1, you will use ...
- Algebra 2 - According to the US Census Bureau, the population of the United ...
- math - Data were recorded for the demand and revenue of a given product. Find ...
- statistics - The following data on the number of iron workers in the United ...
- Algebra 1- 8th Grade - According to the 1990 Census, the population of the ...
- 8th grade math - According to the U.S. Census Bureau, in 2009 men comprised an ...
- HSM260 - Forecast personnel expenses for fiscal year 20X5 using moving averages...
- please help - maths - Data are collected on the average second-hand price of a ...
- math - According to data from the U.S. Census Bureau, the population P of ...