Posted by david on Monday, July 8, 2013 at 6:07am.
4x+y-32=1, 6x-y-4z=7, 10x+2y-6z=5 pls show me how to solve for x,y,z. Ans:xx=1.5,y=-2,z=1
(pls help) algebra - Steve, Monday, July 8, 2013 at 9:04am
here are several ways to do this (as I'm sure your textbook will show - read it, and do web searches for alternate presentations).
(1) 4x+y-3z = 1
(2) 6x-y-4z = 7
(3) 10x+2y-6z = 5
From (1) we see that y = -4x+3z+1, so plug that into (2) and (3):
6x - (-4x+3z+1) - 3z = 7
10x + 2(-4x+3z+1) - 6z = 5
(4) 10x -6z = 8
(5) 2x = 3
From (5) we see x = 3/2
Plug that into (4) and z = 1
Plug x and z into any of the original equations and y = -2
Besides substitution, there's elimination, determinants, matrices, and other methods.
(pls help) algebra - Steve, Monday, July 8, 2013 at 9:11am
Extra credit: find and fix my typo.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math help pls pls pls - Choose the polynomial written in standard form. x^3y^2...
- math help pls pls pls - Given f(x) = 4x + 13 and g(x) = 10x − 2, solve for...
- Math - Can u pls pls pls solve this algebraic expression?? I cant solve it ...
- math pls help!!!!! - these are the few i don't know/im not sure. pls help! The ...
- algebra - (3x squared-10x)divided by(x-6)=3x+8+48/x-6. but i have no idea how ...
- science help - How can you describe the location of hafnium (Hf, atomic number ...
- algebra--1 question - Multiply x+2/5x-15 * (10x^2 - 25x - 15) A. (2x+1)/5(x-3) B...
- algebra pls pls help - Factor completely: 2x^3 + 14x^2 + 6x + 42? A. 2[(x^2 + 3...
- math help pls pls pls - The graph below plots the values of y for different ...
- science - pls. pls. pls. somebody help me...you see im on a science class and i ...