Posted by Eliza on Monday, July 8, 2013 at 5:52am.
What is the mass of a cylinder of lead that is 2.50 cm in diameter and 5.50 cm long. The density of lead is 11.4 g/mL. Find the volume of the cylinder.
- Chemistry - Jai, Monday, July 8, 2013 at 6:41am
Recall that density of a material can be solved by
d = m/V
m = mass of material
V = volume of material
Note that the volume of a cylinder is given by
V = pi*(r^2)*h
r = radius (which is 1/2 of the diameter)
h = height
V = 3.14*[(2.50/2)^2]*5.50
V = 26.98 cm^3
d = m/V
Note that mL is equivalent to cm^3. Thus
11.4 = m/26.98
m = 11.4*26.98
m = 307.57 g
Hope this helps~ :)
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - Titanium is used in airplane bodies because it is strong and light. ...
- College Chemistry - If the density of cylinder 1 is 3.55 , what is the density ...
- n2 maths - A lead cylinder with a diameter of 25 cm and a heighth of of 40 cm is...
- Chemistry - A lead atom has a mass of 3.4x10^-9g. How many lead atoms are in a ...
- Chemistry - A lead atom has a mass of 3.40×10−22 g. How many lead atoms ...
- Chemistry - the mass of cylinder one is 1.35 times the mass of cylinder two, and...
- chemistry - A CHM 111 student recorded the mass of a piece of dry lead metal as ...
- math - A cylinder has a diameter of 80 cm and a length of 45 cm. Another ...
- Science - What is the density of a cylinder if the cylinder is 3.5 cm long and ...
- Chemistry - A graduated cylinder contains 56.3ml of water. A metal cylinder is ...