Posted by Oliver on Friday, July 5, 2013 at 8:06am.
What is the rounded off number,to the nearest gram,of 4.86932 kg
Math - MathMate, Friday, July 5, 2013 at 9:07am
One kilogram is equivalent to 1000 grams.
4.86932 kg = 4.86932*1000 g = 4869.32 g
To round to the nearest gram, we draw a vertical line at the decimal point:
4869 | 32
if the first digit after the | bar is 5 or over, we add one to the number before the bar. Otherwise we do nothing.
Since the first digit after the bar is 3,(less than 5), we don't have to do anything.
Now we only have to write down the number before the | as the rounded weight of 4869 g.
Math - Nay, Wednesday, November 4, 2015 at 8:35pm
Math - Anonymous, Friday, June 10, 2016 at 11:49am
Math - Anonymous, Friday, December 2, 2016 at 7:19pm
120 grams 6 half-lives
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 6th grade - A Number rounded to the nearest tenth is 6.1. The same number ...
- math - i am a decimal with my last digit in the hundredths. rounded to the ...
- Math - A 4-digit number rounded to the nearest ten is 2,470. Rounded to the ...
- Rounding Decimals - Use the digits 0,2,5 and 8. Write a decimal that will round ...
- Math - A number is 830 when rounded off to the nearest tenth.what is the ...
- math - a number is 160 when rounded off to the nearest ten.whta is the smallest ...
- math psp - A number is300 when rounded off to the nearest hundred.what is the ...
- Math - Plot points on the number line to represent all values that round to 500 ...
- math - what is the greatest odd number that would be produced when 660 is ...
- math - what is the greatest odd number that would be produced when 750 is ...