Posted by ODU on Tuesday, July 2, 2013 at 9:19pm.
Vector A has a magnitude of 71 units and points due west, while vector B has the same magnitude and points due south. Find the magnitude and direction of (a) A + B and (b) A - B . Specify the directions relative to due west.
gen physics - Henry, Wednesday, July 3, 2013 at 8:00pm
A = 71[180o]. B = 71[270o].
A+B = (-71+0) + i(0-71)
A+B = -71 - i71 = -100.4]45o] or
100.4[45o+180o] = 100.4[225o].
Since the resultant is in Q3, 45o is the
A-B = (-71-0) + i(0-(-71))
A-B = -71 + i71 = -100.4[-45o] or
100.4[-45+180] = 100.4[135o].
gen physics - Anonymous, Tuesday, September 22, 2015 at 4:59pm
A force F1of magnitude 5.00 units acts on an object at the origin in a direction è = 45.0° above the positive x-axis. (See the figure below.) A second force F2of magnitude 5.00 units acts on the object in the direction of the positive y-axis. Find graphically the magnitude and direction of the resultant force F1 + F2.
2° counterclockwise from the +x-axis
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- physics - Displacement vector points due east and has a magnitude of 2.69 km. ...
- Grambling - Displacement vector points due east and has a magnitude of 4.58 km. ...
- Physics - Displacement vector A points due east and has a magnitude of 2.26 km. ...
- Physics - Displacement vector A with arrow points due east and has a magnitude ...
- gr 12 physics NEED HELP PLEASE - Vector A has a magnitude of 12.3 units and ...
- physics - ⦁ Find the resultant vector (magnitude and direction) for the ...
- Physics - Vector A has magnitude of 9.77 units and points due east. Vector B ...
- Physics - Vector A has a magnitude of 13.0 units and points due west. Vector B ...
- physics - Vector vector A has a magnitude of 27 units and points in the positive...
- physics - Vector has a magnitude of 122 units and points 37.0 ° north of west. ...