Posted by Tony on Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 3:36pm.
what is the max value of y=x^22/10x^logx
- Maths - Steve, Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 5:52pm
y = x^22 / 10x^logx
Nasty, but straightforward
Recall that d/dx (u^v) = v/u u^v u' + lnu u^v v'
I will assume by logx you mean lnx. If not, just recall that logx = lnx/ln10
d/dx x^lnx = (2/x lnx) x^lnx
So, using the quotient rule, we have
y' = 22x^21/(10x^logx) + x^22(20/x logx) x^logx
= 1/5 x^21/x^logx (11 - logx)
y'=0 when logx = 11, or x = e^11
y(e^11) = 1/10 e^121
whew - that's big!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- logarithms maths - logx+logx+n-logx/n.plz solve with explanation thanks
- ^Maths^ - If Logx-6 base3=2y and Logx-7 base2=3y, show that x^2-13x+42=72y
- Maths - If logx^3=0.5,find the value of x.
- math - I tried everthing but,I couldnt solve it. Please help me.the answer at ...
- college - FIND THE VERTEX THE LINE OF SYMMETRY THE MAX OR MIN VALUE OF THE ...
- Calculus - Demand Equation. The price(in dollars),and the quantity x sold of a ...
- algebra - If LOGx (A)=0.7 and LOGx (B) =0.5 how do I solve LOGx (B/A)
- Maths - f(x)=1+2cos2x Find min/max, period, general solution, sketch Period is ...
- Math - Find the equation of the tangent line 5x^2+y^2=14 at (1,3). P.S: It's ...
- Calculus - Find the values for which f(x) = x^10-10x and if 0 (less than or ...