Posted by Molly on Saturday, June 29, 2013 at 2:31pm.
If you could me solve ths is anyway, it would be much appreciated.
A solution containing 3.50g of sodium carbonate is mixed with one that contains 5.00g of
a. Write the complete chemical equation and the net ionic equation for the reaction that
b. What mass of any reactant left and product formed are present when the reaction is
Chemistry - DrBob222, Saturday, June 29, 2013 at 8:49pm
This is a busy work problem. Also, it is a limiting reagent problem.
2AgNO3(aq) + Na2CO3(aq) ==> Ag2CO3(s) + 2NaNO3(aq)
2Ag^+(aq) + CO3^2- ==> AgCO3(s)
mols AgNO3 = grams/molar mass = ?
mols Na2CO3 = grams/molar mass = ?
Using the coefficients in the balanced equation, convert mols AgNO3 to mols Ag2CO3
Do the same and convert mols Na2CO3 to mols Ag2CO3.
It is likely that the two values will not agree which means one of them is wrong. The correct answer in limiting reagent problems is ALWAYS the smaller value and the reagent producing that value is the limiting reagent.
Now you can convert mols Ag2CO3 to grams. g = mols x molar mass.
The above gives you the procedure for obtaining mass Ag2CO3 formed.
Using the limiting reagent only, you can convert that to mols NaNO3 and convert that to grams.
Using the limiting reagent only, you can convert that to mols of the "other" reactant used and subtracting from the initial amount will give you the amount left after the reaction is complete.
Someone will check your answers if you post your work.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - If you could me solve ths is anyway, it would be much appreciated. A...
- Chem - Solutions of sodium carbonate and silver nitrate react to form solid ...
- chem - Solutions of sodium carbonate and silver nitrate react to form solid ...
- Stoichometry - Solutions of sodium carbonate and silver nitrate react to form ...
- Chemistry - Thank you for being helpful in the past. Could you check my ...
- Chemistry - A solution of 100.00mL of 0.2000mol/L sodium carbonate and 200.00mL ...
- Chem 1010 - Aqueous solutions of sodium sulfide and silver nitrate are mixed to ...
- Chemistry 101 - If a solution containing 20.0 grams of nickle (11) chloride is ...
- Chemistry - Silver(I) nitrate and sodium sulfate react to form silver(I) sulfate...
- chem - I have the following problems- write net ionic equations for reactions if...