Posted by redfish on Saturday, June 29, 2013 at 10:42am.
Can anyone help with these questions???
11. Nearly a week before Hurricane Katrina reached New Orleans, Wal-Mart began moving trucks and
supplies into position, as specified in the company's ________ plan.
12. The country Artesia exported products totaling $86 billion last year. During the year, Artesia imported
products valued at $43 billion. Artesia has a/an
A. exchange rate of 2 to 1.
B. trade surplus of $43 billion.
C. unfavorable balance of payments.
D. trade deficit of $43 billion.
13. Mario is part of a strategic planning team. He has identified that his company is the low-cost producer
in its industry. This should be listed on a SWOT analysis as a/an
14. The salesperson's task of identifying potential customers is known as
15. Omar, an electrician for Quality Builders, is paid $35 for each hour he works during the day. After 5
p.m. and on weekends, he is paid the overtime rate of one and one-half times the regular hourly rate. Omar
is paid a
16. The method of determining the minimum sales volume needed at a certain price level to cover all costs
A. market share analysis.
B. equilibrium pricing.
C. breakeven analysis.
D. return on sales.
17. If you seek to determine the value of one nation's currency relative to the currencies of other countries,
you should isolate the nation's
A. exchange rate.
B. governmental surplus.
C. countertrading activity.
D. international current module.
18. In the U.S. economy, ________ are considered the reward for the risk of entering business.
19. One way for a country to obtain an absolute advantage in marketing a product outside its borders is to .
A. produce the good at the lowest cost.
B. adopt many trade restrictions.
C. revalue the currency.
D. enter into an orderly marketing agreement.
20. Ida works on creating ways to ensure that customers receive goods at the right time and correct
location. Ida is involved in her firm's ________ strategy.
21. Which of the following represents the basic accounting equation?
A. Assets = Liabilities + Owners' Equity
B. Liabilities = Assets + Owners' Equity
C. Assets + Liabilities = Owners' Equity
D. Owners' Equity − Liabilities = Assets
22. The rate the Fed charges member banks for short-term loans is called the
A. discount rate.
B. federal funds rate.
C. reserve requirement.
D. margin rate.
23. _______ planning involves choosing specific work targets and assigning employees and teams to carry
24. Student A says that if you're going to prepare alternative course of action, you need to do strategic
planning. Student B says that if you're going to prepare alternative courses of action, you need to do
contingency planning. Which student is correct?
A. Student B only
B. Student A only
25. The curve that shows the relationship between different prices and the quantity requested at each price
is the ________ curve.
26. A company includes an "instant coupon" as part of a product's package, giving the buyer a reduction
off the retail price. What is the company attempting to do?
A. Stabilize sales
B. Accentuate product value
C. Provide information
D. Increase sales
27. Price auctions on eBay are an example of
28. Television is an attractive advertising medium because it
A. offers a rapidly growing network audience.
B. offers mass coverage and flexibility.
C. is relatively inexpensive.
D. provides instant feedback which can be used to measure effectiveness.
29. Joe is developing the marketing mix for his company's new line of power tools. A brand name, price,
and distribution system have been decided. Now Joe is concentrating his efforts on developing the best
advertising plan for the product line. The advertising plan is part of Joe's ________ strategy.
30. According to the doctrine of supply, the amount _______ will increase as the _______ increases.
A. demanded; cheapness
B. bought; cost
C. sold; demand
D. supplied; price
31. If you're developing a human resource inventory, you should exclude which of the following?
A. Perpetual inventory
End of exam
32. Team diversity is often established in a ________ team, by bringing together the expertise of members
from various functions in the organization.
33. What is the name for a complex form of bartering in which several countries may be involved, each
trading goods for goods or services for services?
B. Exchange activity
C. Currency fluctuations
- business - Writeacher, Saturday, June 29, 2013 at 11:27am
You're expecting someone to take this test for you? You've come to the wrong place.
But if you post what YOU THINK the answers are, someone here may be able to check them for you.
- business - redfish, Saturday, June 29, 2013 at 12:51pm
No not expecting anyone to take my exam for me!!!!
Here are my answers...
- business - Ms. Sue, Saturday, June 29, 2013 at 1:22pm
I disagree with these answers:
12, 16, 19, 21, 24, 25, 27, 28, 31, 33
?? 18 and 32
- business - Ms. Sue, Saturday, June 29, 2013 at 1:23pm
Since I could be wrong, please double check your book for those answers.
- business - redfish, Saturday, June 29, 2013 at 1:31pm
Thank You Ms. Sue for your time
- business - Ms. Sue, Saturday, June 29, 2013 at 1:33pm
You're very welcome, redfish.
- business - Ari, Saturday, November 30, 2013 at 11:00am
Have anyone checked to see if these answers are correct?
Answer this Question
business - Nearly a week before Hurricane Katrina reached New Orleans, Wal-Mart...
social studies - a. So with almost no impact on its sales and little concern ...
Principles of Management - Answer questions 1 through 3 based on the following ...
english - I am a bit confused about what type of sentence this would be.... ...
INB - I need to create a 7-12 slide powerpoint with 3 references for Wal-Mart ...
soc - Read the case study, Culture at Wal-Mart on pg. 68. Western companies ...
business - hi guys can you please answer some of these stuff? its for my ...
financial analysis - Can someone help me understand how to remove the 'passive ...
sociology - Culture at Wal-Mart on pg. 68. Western companies often impose ...
INB 205 - Wal-Mart Taking on the World Minicase Thank you Ms Sue. Now I need to ...