Posted by Tracy on Friday, June 28, 2013 at 12:20am.
In a survey of families in which both parents work, one of the questions asked was, "Have you refused a job, promotion, or transfer because it would mean less time with your family?" A total of 200 men and 200 women were asked this question. "Yes" was the response given by 34% of the men and 26% of the women. Based on this survey, can we conclude that there is a difference in the proportion of men and women responding "yes" at the 0.05 level of significance? (Use Men - Women.)
(a) Find z. (Give your answer correct to two decimal places.)
(ii) Find the p-value. (Give your answer correct to four decimal places.)
- Math - Kuai, Friday, June 28, 2013 at 1:22am
z = 1.75
If p-value is greater than alpha
Fail to reject Ho
If p-value is less than alpha
- Math - Kuai, Friday, June 28, 2013 at 2:31am
1. Men 2. Women
n1 = 200. n2 = 200
x1 = .34(200) =64. x2 = .26(200) = 52
phat1 = .34. phat2 = .26
pbar = (x1 + x2)/(n1+n2)
pbar = (68+52)/(200+200)
pbar = .30
qbar = 1-pbar = .70
z = (phat1-phat2)/sqrt(phar*qbar/n1 + pbar*qbar/n2)
z = (.34-.26)/sqrt(.3*.7/200 + .3*.7/200)
z = -+ 1.7457
2-normalcdf(-10, -1. 7457) = = .04043
two tail so you multiply 2
2( .04043) = 0.08086
Four decimal places = .0809
Answer this Question
- math statistics - In a survey of families in which both parents work, one of the...
- statistics - In a survey of families in which both parents work, one of the ...
- Statistics - Help Me Please! In a survey of families in which both parents work...
- English - I really need help with my writing. I need some to proof read a paper...
- English - I have some more sentences to check on the same subject.Thank you very...
- English - I left out the following sentences. Thank you very much, Writeacher. 1...
- statistics - Which hypothesis-testing procedure would you use in the following ...
- Question - What causes young people to abandon school? My opinion. You need to ...
- Socials - Would abolishing child labour be an effective strategy to improve the ...
- Scholarship Essay - Why do I deserve this scholarship? 250 words or less. Any ...