Posted by cutie !!! help me please on Thursday, June 27, 2013 at 3:59am.
1. a man sells a tv for rupees 3450and makes a profit of 15% . he sells a second tv set at a loss of 10%.if on the whole he neither gains nor loses , find the cost price of the second tv.
2.a man sells two tables at the same price. on one he makes a profit of 10% and on the other he suffers a loss of 10%. find his gain or loss percent on the whole transaction.
3. a makes an article for rupees 120 and sells it to b at a profit of 25%. b sells it to c and sell it for rupees198 making a profit of 10% . what profit percent did b make?
4. the costs of manufacture of an article is made up of materials , labours and overheads in ratio 4:3:2. if the cost of labour is rupees 45 , find the total cost of an article. find the profit%, if the article is sold for rupees180.
5. an article is sold at a profit of 10%. had it been sold for rupees 20more , 12% profit would have been made. find the cost price of the article.
maths - Steve, Thursday, June 27, 2013 at 10:51am
I'll do one, then you can show har far you get on the others. Just put the words into symbols and solve the resultant equation(s).
If the two TVs cost x and y, then
1.15x = 3450
x + y = 1.15x + .90y
So, x = 3450/1.15 = 3000
.1y = 3450-3000 = 450
y = 4500
The two TVs cost 3000 and 4500
90% of 4500 = 4050
cost: 3000+4500 = 7500
income: 3450+4050 = 7500
maths - Anonymous, Friday, December 4, 2015 at 6:53am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- maths - 1.two houses are bought for rupees 65000 each. the first is sold at a ...
- hoerner college - A man sells a tv set for rs 3,450 and makes a profit 15% he ...
- profit and loss - a man gains 20 % by selling apples at a certain price. if he ...
- maths - a man marks his good at a price that would give him 20% profit. he sells...
- Maths - A shopkeeper sells a hat for $14.the amount he gains is three times the ...
- math - A shopkeeper sells a mattress and makes a profit of 10% on the cost price...
- Math- Pre calculus - A community bird-watching society makes and sells simple ...
- maths - the cost of production of a radio set is rupees 900 , divided between ...
- maths - if aman sells an artcile for Rs 1600 he inesures a loss equal to the ...
- Business maths - a dealer makes a profit of 25% when he sells a shirt at a ...