Posted by Avinash on Wednesday, June 26, 2013 at 9:54am.
MR. x is invested a certain amount in debit and equity funds the ratio of 4:5 respectively,At the end of one year ,he earned a total dividend of 30% on his investment. After one year he reinvested the amount includeing dividend in the ratio 6:7 in debt and equity funds. Ifthe amount reinvested in Equity funds was RS 94,500, what was the original amount invested in Equity funds ?
1)75,000 2)81000 3)60000 4)65000 5)none of these
Ans is 1) i was tryed
2)if the length of rectangular field is increased by 20% and the breadth is reduced by 20% , the area of the rectangle will be 192 m^2 , what is the area of the orignal rectangle ?
1) 184 2)196 3)204 4)225 5)none of these
Ans is 5)
plz tell me how to do it
3) product of one-third of a number and 150% of another number is what percent of the product of original number ?
1) 80 2) 50 3) 75 4)120 5) none of these
Ans is 2)
plz post how to slove these questions by step wise
- maths - Steve, Wednesday, June 26, 2013 at 11:38am
#1. The investment is divided into 9 parts, 4a and 5a.
The investment yielded 30%, so the amount reinvested was 9a*1.3 = 11.7a
Now, that amount is divided into 13 parts, 6b and 7b.
so, 6b = 81000
The amount reinvested was 175,500 = 11.7a
So, a = 15000
The original amount invested in Equity funds was 5a = 75,000
#2. If the original length is x and breadth is y,
.96xy = 192
The original area is xy, so it is 192/.96 = 200
#3. If the two numbers are x and y,
(x/3)(3/2 y) = 1/2 xy
so, it is 50% of the original product
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- help!! - An investment banker received a bonus and invested that money in two ...
- Algebra investment - An investor had a total of 25,000 put into a portfolio of ...
- Math - An investment adviser invested $14,000 in two accounts. One investment ...
- Math - A person invests a total of 22,00 in 2 accounts. 1 investment earned 7% ...
- -Math-Desperate - An investment adviser invested $14,000 in two accounts. One ...
- mat/116 - Please help me slove this question. An investor invested a total of $3...
- Math(word problems) - 4.Tracie invested $x at 7% and $y at 6%. Write algebraic ...
- Still confused - An investment adviser invested $14,000 in two accounts. One ...
- algebra - an investor invested a total of 1,600 in 2 mutual funds.One fund ...
- math - An investment adviser invested $14,000 in two accounts. One investment ...