Posted by Tracy 10 on Tuesday, June 25, 2013 at 8:00pm.
Complete the hypothesis test with alternative hypothesis ƒÊd ‚ 0 based on the paired data that follows and d = O - Y. Use ƒ¿ = 0.01. Assume normality.
Oldest 188 174 192 196 65
Youngest 186 168 199 199 69
(a) Find t. (Give your answer correct to two decimal places.)
Correct: Your answer is correct.0.52 .
(ii) Find the p-value. (Give your answer correct to four decimal places.)
0.6036 I can not figure out how to find p value it always comes out wrong
Anyone know a simple way to determine the p-values, I keep missing them. If I see example I usually can figure it out but did not work this time. I have TI83 Calculator but can not figure out how to use it. So not sure if I can get it on it or not.
Statistics check - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, June 25, 2013 at 8:05pm
My! You have a lot of different personas.
Tracy 10, Tracy, Glenn, etc. -- please use the same name for your posts.
Statistics check - Tracy 10, Tuesday, June 25, 2013 at 8:28pm
There is different people using one computer, we meet at my house because it is center area and just use my computer instead of everyone dragging their computer around. Sorry,
Statistics check - Tracy 10, Tuesday, June 25, 2013 at 9:07pm
From now on there will only be one name used from this site, we have agreed upon it being Tracy since it my home.
Statistics check - Kuai, Tuesday, June 25, 2013 at 11:29pm
xbar = -1.2
s = 5.17
t = -1.2/(5.17/sqrt(5))
t = -0.52
p-value = 0.6310
To get p-value
Stat oldest L1, youngest L2
difference between oldest and youngest L3 after quit and stat tests then T-test data
Statistics check - Tracy, Wednesday, June 26, 2013 at 12:39am
what do you mean with stat oldest L1, etc. Have a question I have a TI-83 Plus calculator, is there a way of putting in the information to get the p value or do you still have to look at a chart.
When I read the instructions on it, it mentioned finding the z value to get to the p value, I am confused I am so sorry.
Statistics check - Kuai, Wednesday, June 26, 2013 at 1:35am
When you use your ti-83
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- statistics help - Complete the hypothesis test with alternative hypothesis ƒÊd...
- math help - Complete the hypothesis test with alternative hypothesis ƒÊd ‚ 0 ...
- Statistics - Complete the hypothesis test with alternative hypothesis ƒÊd ‚ 0 ...
- statistics - Could someone work a problem like this one, for an example. ...
- Statistics - Please Help I'm desperate! Complete the hypothesis test with ...
- statistics - Complete the hypothesis test: null hypothesis = 52, alternative ...
- math - A researcher is performing a hypothesis test. The null hypothesis is that...
- Statistics - are the following statements, Ho:=10 and Ha:equal to or less than, ...
- Statistics - A statistical test is performed, and its P-value turns out to be ...
- STATS - Given a sample size of 18, with sample mean 660.3 and sample standard ...