Posted by Dishea on Tuesday, June 25, 2013 at 6:32am.
BETTER IF WITH SOLUTIONS PLEASE AND HOW TO DO PLEASE
CHEMISTRY(URGENT PLEASe) - DrBob222, Tuesday, June 25, 2013 at 7:58pm
This question deals with dimensional analysis; you know how to use it or you don't. If you don't, it is easy to learn. The whole point:
Convert 1 unit to any other by using the appropriate factor AND using it as is or using the reciprocal of it. For example, 1.67 kg to mg. Factors (I would use two--one from kg to g and the other from g to mg).
There are 1000 g to 1 kg. So factor is 1000g/1 kg.
There are 1000 mg to 1 g so factor is 1000 mg/g.
Take the number you have to start and multiply by the two factors. You want to arrange the factor(s) so the unit you DON'T want cancel and the unit you want to convert to stays. So you can place the first factor as 1000 g/1kg or 1 kg/1000g. Here is how it works.
1.67 kg x (1000g/1 kg) x (1000 mg/1g) = ?
Note that kg cancels with kg to convert with the first factor to g. The second factor converts to mg; g cancels in the process.
All conversions work this way.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - How would you convert 77 degrees F to kelvins? Can you explain it ...
- Science- Please Help - Is sledding done better when the air temperate is 25 ...
- letter - How can I write a feel better letter to Miley Cyrus? please help and ...
- Chemistry URGENT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP! - Determine whether the solution is ...
- chemistry - Show calculation setups and answers for the following problems. a. ...
- chemistry - how would you complete the following reactions. a. ___Al+___H2SO4-&...
- math - convert 30degress c to degrees fahrenheit please help asap it is due ...
- Chemistry - Please,tell me the ways I can use to understand chemistry better.I ...
- Algebra. NEED HELP ASAP PLEASE - The formula F=(9/5)C+ 32 F=95C+32 may be used ...
- science PLEASE HELP URGENT:( - how do i convert 4 g/ml to kg/m^3 ?