Posted by Monica on Monday, June 24, 2013 at 4:18pm.
Children's tickets to a movie cost $7. Adult tickets cost $12. If 275 tickets were sold for a total of $2490.00, how many of each type were sold?
- math - Kuai, Monday, June 24, 2013 at 4:29pm
Let adult A and children C
A + C = 275
12A + 7C = 2490
A = 275 -C
12(275- C) + 7C = 2490
3300 -12C + 7C = 2490
3300 -5C = 2490
3300-3300 -5C = 2490 - 3300
-5C = -810
C = 162
A = 113
- math - Monica, Monday, June 24, 2013 at 4:40pm
Excellent! Thank you Kuai!
- math - Kuai, Monday, June 24, 2013 at 5:38pm
- math - tierra perkins, Wednesday, March 19, 2014 at 11:41am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - Children's tickets to a movie cost $7.00. Adult tickets cost $12.00. If ...
- MTED402 - THERE WERE 390 ADULT AND CHILDREN TICKETS THAT WERE SOLD AT A PLAY. ...
- Algebra - On the opening night of a play at a local theatre, 895 tickets were ...
- Math - how would you solve this problem? Adult tickets to a play cost $12 and ...
- Math - Exactly 120 tickets were sold for a concert. The tickets cost $12 each ...
- math - Adult tickets to a show cost $3.50 and children's tickets cost $1.50. ...
- Math - Karen sells tickets a movie theater. Last night she sold 128 tickets for ...
- math - movie tickets cost $10 for adults and $8 for children. The total sales ...
- Math - The drama club raised a total of $1,123.50 selling tickets to its ...
- math - the students are selling tickets to the school fair. all tickets cost the...