Posted by ameme on Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 10:07pm.
I need help with a few problems.
1.) (x^3/4 times y^1/3)^2/3
How is the answer x^1/2y^2/9
2.)(x^-1/3 times y) (x^1/2 times y^-4/3)
How is the answer x^1/6 over y^1/3
How is the answer 2a over b^3/4
4.) (x^2/3y^-1/3 over 8x^1/2y)^1/3
How is the answer x^1/18 over 2y^4/9
How is the answer 8x^1/8y^1/2
Please help explain so I can understand. Thank you!
- (Math)Simplifying using the laws of exponents - Steve, Monday, June 24, 2013 at 5:08am
multiply: add exponents
raise to power: multiply exponents
= x^(3/4*2/3) y^(1/3*2/3)
= x^1/2 y^2/9
(x^-1/3 y)(x^1/2 y^-4/3)
= x^(-1/3 + 1/2) y^(1 - 4/3)
= x^1/6 y^-1/3
= x^1/6 / y^1/3
= 4^1/2 a^(2*1/2) b^(-7/2*1/2)
= 2a b^(-7/4)
= 2a / b^7/4
Given answer is wrong
(x^2/3 y^-1/3 / 8x^1/2 y)^1/3
= (x^(2/3 - 1/2) y^(-1/3 - 1) / 8)^1/3
= x^1/18 / 2y^4/9
Just keep track of the details, and make sure your arithmetic is as good as your algebra!
Answer this Question
- Chemistry - for each of the following, give an answer with the correct number of...
- Math - Can you see if my answers are correct? Directions find the GCF: (I did ...
- GCF Math Check - Can you see if my answers are correct? Directions find the GCF...
- Math,help - how do i evalute this problem if possible. i will decribe it it has ...
- math question - /how do i solve this? The probability of winning a game is 15%. ...
- Algebra - I was asked to simplify (-2x^2 times y^-3 times z^-5)^6. The answer I ...
- Math 8R: Homework Check - Part 4 - Part 4: Translate and solve: 25. 6 less than ...
- Math - (1) Why is x+2 from 2x? (2)Use the distributive property to remove the ...
- math-a.s.a.p. - Suppose you didn't know that b^0=1. Explain how you could arrive...
- Math - You roll a number cube and get a one 7 times, a two 8 times, a three 5 ...