Posted by tracy12 on Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 8:57pm.
Can someone please help me on these I have look at the examples and done just what they did, but I still get it wrong and I only have one more time to try.
Use the following table to answer the questions. (Give your answers correct to two decimal places.)
x 1 1 3 3 5 5 7 7 9 9
y 3 2 6 1 3 3 3 2 5 3
(a) Find the equation of the line of best fit.
y hat = + x
(ii) Graph this equation on a scatter diagram. (Do this on paper. Your instructor may ask you to turn in this work.)
(b) Find the ordinates y hat for the points on the line of best fit whose abscissas are x = 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9.
1 Incorrect: Your answer is incorrect.1.5 .
3 Incorrect: Your answer is incorrect.2.5 .
5 Incorrect: Your answer is incorrect.3.5 .
7 Incorrect: Your answer is incorrect.4.5 .
9 Incorrect: Your answer is incorrect.5.5 .
(c) Find the value of e for each of the points above (e = y - y hat).
y e y e
3 Incorrect: Your answer is incorrect.-0.5 . 3 Incorrect: Your answer is incorrect.0.5 .
2 Incorrect: Your answer is incorrect. . 3
6 Incorrect: Your answer is incorrect. . 2 Incorrect: Your answer is incorrect. .
(d) Find the variance se2 of those points about the line of best fit.
- math - MathMate, Monday, June 24, 2013 at 6:00am
This is similar to a previous question.
I believe it would do you good to plot the scatter diagram and calculate the regression line according to the formula.
Post again if you have difficulties.
For your information, the regression coefficient a is between 0 and 0.2, the constant b is between 2 and 3.
The formula for se² has been given in the answer of your previous post.
Answer this Question
- math 116 - I am taking math 116 , I am to find the solution to the problem 9x-3y...
- Algebra /Happy Holiday Everyone - Evaluate the Expression This is combination ...
- English - i'm reading a book called "1984" i have an assignment that got to do ...
- Definitions - I have looked and looked for 4 examples of a standalone computer ...
- General - Please understand that I am not upset with anyone or whatever I just ...
- Math Help - 3x^2 + 17x + 10 *I really don't get this but you have to factor ...
- Intro. to Comp. - Would you please go to page 2 and look under "intro. to comp...
- Math - 1.2 (1+ 23.0 x 10-6/°C*50) Could someone solve this problem for me and ...
- Math for Trish To Help Me With - Factor the following. You will earn 5 points ...
- MATH HELP! - I HAVE 19 COINS TO MAKE A DOLLAR. THE COINS ARE 9 DIMES AND 10 ...