Posted by cici on Thursday, June 20, 2013 at 12:55pm.
Which 2 words are most nearly opposite meaning?
a. expend, b. retrieve, c. denounce, d. idolize
expend & retrieve? or
denounce & idolize?
Vocabulary - Ms. Sue, Thursday, June 20, 2013 at 1:02pm
Expend means to spend or use up. It's not the opposite of retrieve. The opposites are denounce & idolize.
Vocabulary - cici, Thursday, June 20, 2013 at 1:11pm
doesn't retrieve also mean to save?
Vocabulary - Ms. Sue, Thursday, June 20, 2013 at 1:17pm
No. Retrieve means to get something back.
Vocabulary - cici, Thursday, June 20, 2013 at 2:02pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- english - after so many years of (strife strand)-in business, politics, and the ...
- vocabulary - which 2 words are most nearly opposite in meaning? Acute, bumbling...
- English - Find words in the word bank that are the opposite of the words in CAPS...
- English - Word bank acquit deem devastate discredit elusive generate idolize ...
- SAT vocab - Would you say that deprecate, disdain (as a verb), and denounce are ...
- English - Imagine his (plight,ingratitude) penniless unemployed and with large ...
- Vocabulary - which 2 words are most nearly opposite in meaning? Acute, bumbling...
- English - Which word is opposite of establish? acquit deem devastate discredit ...
- 7th Grade Spelling - Instructions: In the space provided, write the vocabulary ...
- language arts - can some one give me a sentence with idolize.