Posted by Jim Collum on Wednesday, June 12, 2013 at 3:46am.
Preposittions can give information about
Answer all three are "true"
1.which sentence contains a compound preposititon
a. Mark and David enjoyed the evening with Mary and Gwen.
b. Mary will drive me home regardless of the weather
c. We can travel by car or bus on the highway
2.which of the following sentences does not include a phrasal verb?
a. Harry will bring the beer to the party
b. John was brought up by his grandmother
c. Good teachers bring out the best from their students
d. Please don't bring up your controversial opinions at the meeting
- prepositions - Writeacher, Wednesday, June 12, 2013 at 9:20am
You'll need to supply some examples for all three in the (un-numbered) first question for us to be able to tell what you're thinking of.
#1 - correct
#2 - correct
- prepositions - Jim Collum, Wednesday, June 12, 2013 at 12:17pm
3. prepositions can give information about
d. all of the above
- prepositions - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, June 12, 2013 at 2:31pm
- compound preposition - travis bailey, Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 1:09am
A has the term "with" - isn't that the compound preposition?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - 2. Which of the following sentences contains a verb in the future ...
- English - 1. They believe that Mary lives in Chicago. 2. Mary is believed to ...
- Ethics - Mary who is a minor is in the operating room when Dr. Paul finds a ...
- Sentence skills - Which one of these sentences contains a prepositional phrase? ...
- economics - Mary said "A good in shortage is scarce." David said" A scarce good ...
- English - 1. This is the boy whom Mary likes. 2. This is the boy who Mary likes...
- Linguistics - Determine whether the following are entailment, presupposition, or...
- English - Have you seen _____ new house? 1. Mary's and Mia's 2. Mary and Mia's 3...
- english - 16. How could you combine the following two sentences into one ...
- Linguistics - 1) (A) Mary murdered the platypus (B) Mary killed something Is the...